Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indy Shop in Austin, Texas

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Talking Indy Shop in Austin, Texas

Good Morning Y'All, does anyone have a suggestion on a good indy shop in Austin, Texas. I have a friend who called who has a 2000 Disco with about 75k miles in need of a head gasket job. (personally I would do a block test too). Any experience with any shops? Thanks Phil

Land Rover Free for the moment

Old 04-03-2012, 11:11 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this thread. Not sure it's a LOT of help, but might get you started.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

There is a motorcars ltd in Austin. But I usually use Jerry's Garage in Round Rock. They are superb and will let you bring your own parts and they will just charge the labor.

Jaguar ::: Land Rover ::: MINI Cooper Service &amp Repair. 3 Texas Locations Serving Houston, Dallas, Austin

Auto Car Repair Round Rock Auto Repair Service Mechanic

Old 04-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

What a wonderful forum! Thank you for the prompt responses! Phil

Old 04-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 131 Likes on 63 Posts

MotorcarsLTD is pricey -- close to what you'd pay at Land Rover dealer. I haven't been there in about 2 years, but I wasn't too happy with the prices the last couple of times I was there. I'm pretty sure they sold me a set of rotors that weren't needed, so I'm not a big fan of them.

I do most simple things myself now, but for the difficult things I've been going to Dave's Ultimate Automotive. They are very honest and do excellent work.

I've also used Olde English for a transfer case replacement. I got a strange vibe at the place so I haven't been back. I can't really say there's anything bad about them, and the replacement transfer case has been working great for the past 3-4 years, so I really can't complain.

Hope this helps!

RedAustinIX (Ed)

Old 03-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with Indy Mechanic in Autin/Round Rock TX

Originally Posted by ralphobell
There is a motorcars ltd in Austin. But I usually use Jerry's Garage in Round Rock. They are superb and will let you bring your own parts and they will just charge the labor.

Jaguar ::: Land Rover ::: MINI Cooper Service &amp Repair. 3 Texas Locations Serving Houston, Dallas, Austin

Auto Car Repair Round Rock Auto Repair Service Mechanic
Hello ralphobell!

I recently finished a HG job, wires, plugs, waterpump, filters..etc. I took a beating. It was my first HG job. With the help of a fellow forum member, Jerod out of San Antonio, I was able to get it done. But i've been left with never ending codes Now i'm down to p130, but i have already replaced the 02 driver side bank. I'm thinking that the fix it's just beyond my wheel house, so i'm in need of a honest indy mechanic. Do you still use Jerry?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm in Round Rock.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jwalk1995
Hello ralphobell!

I recently finished a HG job, wires, plugs, waterpump, filters..etc. I took a beating. It was my first HG job. With the help of a fellow forum member, Jerod out of San Antonio, I was able to get it done. But i've been left with never ending codes Now i'm down to p130, but i have already replaced the 02 driver side bank. I'm thinking that the fix it's just beyond my wheel house, so i'm in need of a honest indy mechanic. Do you still use Jerry?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm in Round Rock.
I would still recommend Jerry's Garage. Only people I trust with any of my vehicles. If you go by let them know I recommended them. Great group of guys.

I mostly do my own work however. If you want to PM me more details or start a new thread maybe we can figure it out. I'm in Round Rock as well so If you want to stop by I'd be happy to take a look.