Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing A-bar quick question

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 11:15 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Installing A-bar quick question

Hey guys I am installing my A-frame bar today and I have a quick question before I do anything (such as drilling).

The Directions say that the hole for the A bar are pre drilled in the steel fram by the factory. To locate the holes its says to measure down from the top of the numer plate recess (the european number plate recess) 2 inches and in from the sides 1.5 inches. Then it says to open out the to holes and take out two studs. Now my question is, if I drill this is going to be there right? I dont want to have unnessary holes!

Ok so let me know what to do, if you have any tips that would be great too! Thanks guys

Cameron

Old 12-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installing A-bar quick question

Times like these I wish I had an answer. What I'd do if I were you is call the company you got the A bar from and ask them, not only that, call your dealership and tell them what's going on and see what they say.

Someone on this site might have the right answer so you might wait a couple days too.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:50 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Installing A-bar quick question

Thanks for the reply! I actaully went ahead and did it and sure enough the holes where there when I drilled through! The bar went on and screwing it in was a trip but now I have another problem that I addressed in another tread. The bar is on but it is loose, it is screwed in as tight as I possibly can and it seems tight around the screw areas but when i wiggle the top its just not right. I dont get it but I am going to fiddle with it tomorrow!