Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Terrafirma sliders with tree bars question

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't cut anything. They lined up perfect including the 1small screw fom the wheel well. Just had to enlarge a few of the holes.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:59 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aarongregor
Wk when are you putting yours on?
I will have to wait until late next week to put them on due to the Holidays. I went hunting today, so took a break from working on her. I did install my new stainless license plate covers this evening though lol.

I have been working most every night on the build. Not much left on the body other than a light bar, a bull bar, couple of lights, camel trophy bush cabels and bars, and conversion of early DII metal light gaurds to work on my 04 and then to add the headlight washer sprayers to my bumper. Another solid week of working in the evenings and I will be done with the exterior. Next it is the interior mods which will be a new stereo with nav, new speakers, dog gaurd barrier, hella map lights, a couple of accessory ports, a storage drawer system in the rear cargo area, and a fridge. Last will be the enginin bay which will be comprised of a heavy duty all aluminum radiator, in line t-stat moved closer to the block, head gasket job, and possibly a larger cam. I hope to be finished up by the end of February with everything.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by ebg18t
I didn't cut anything. They lined up perfect including the 1small screw fom the wheel well. Just had to enlarge a few of the holes.
Did you have to bend anything? Also was the lip you screw the front fender into facing in towards the undercarriage?

Old 12-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
I'll do instructions, and then hopefully WK can take photos during the install and we can mesh to get a write up.

I will take photos of the process. PM sent BTW.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Mudding

I was thinking about getting a set of these, so I'd be interested in seeing the install process.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by ebg18t
Damn well you got lucky! Every way I tried to put these on I had to drill and enlarge holes.

The piece I cut was the one that wraps around the inner front fender. I took photos of what I cut today.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Damn well you got lucky! Every way I tried to put these on I had to drill and enlarge holes.

The piece I cut was the one that wraps around the inner front fender. I took photos of what I cut today.
Maybe there was variance between the 02 and my 04?

Old 12-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Camel Trophy

Possibly, or Terrafirma manufacturing issues haha. Either way I'm glad I took the time to do them, I was at an event recently that I slid across a huge rock, scraped the tree bar but didn't touch my doors!

Old 12-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ZG and ebg, I have an 03 so I fall in the middle and will post pics and info when I put mine on. ZG did they effect your lift any?

Old 12-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Camel Trophy

I didn't measure before and after, but probably. They're definitely heavy as hell. Having a lift to raise them into place was awesome, I highly recommend that.

Quick Reply: Installing Terrafirma sliders with tree bars question