Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue connecting new nanocom to Windows 10 Pro laptop

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 07:55 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue connecting new nanocom to Windows 10 Pro laptop

Hi, while I have been a long user of the forum as a great resource, this is my first post and I apologize in advance if this should be elsewhere. I have a 2003 DII. It has a small lift with oversized tires and came with only one key. I purchased the nanocom with the intent to a) get better code readings than I get at the garage, b) to set-up a 2nd key, and c) to adjust the computer for the oversized tires so the odometer and speedometer give accurate readings... To start.

Upon receipt, I registered the unit and proceeded in trying to get the codes unlocked, update the firmware, etc. The problem is, trying on 2 separate machines, I cannot get the laptop to find the device. When I plug it in via the USB the unit beeps, which would lead me to believe it is getting power, but nothing on the PC side. I tried initiating by doing a firmware update, which was the first time I got to see the software, but it shows device not connected. I also tried a different cable to eliminate that as the problem and don't find anything in my USB settings in Windows. I've reached out to the Nanocom forum and tried emailing support directly, but they are trying to push everything to the forum, which doesn't really make a lot of sense to me for initial set-up issues. If anyone can offer any suggestions or solutions it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 06-05-2019, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2,272 Likes on 1,676 Posts

If you post on their forum you will normally get a reply within a few hours. I had an issue where the latest firmware didn’t allow me to SYNC my BCU to the cluster & they replied on a weekend within 2hr.

I can’t remember when I updated mine if my PC was still running Windows 7 Pro or I already had Windows 10 Pro on it.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:20 PM
Received 1,148 Likes on 794 Posts

Could very well be a driver issue on Windows 10 and yes across different machines. USB used to mean universal but it is anything but now.

If your computer has multiple USB ports you may have USB 3.X and 2.x ports try the 2.x port if available, laptops are difficult because they tend to be limited in your options.

USB 3.x is very finicky and lots of devices do not recognize correctly, generally USB.2x is fine.

Old 06-05-2019, 03:19 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

I first open the Nanocom update software on my Mac (Win7 Pro partitioned) before connecting the Nanocom via USB.
You willll hear the familiar Windows USB connection "sound" when the Nanocom is connected.

Old 09-08-2023, 06:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even though the thread is from 4 years ago, your situation with the Nanocom setup is still relevant. If you're still facing difficulties connecting your Nanocom to your Windows 10 Pro laptop, there are a few things you could try.

Firstly, ensure that you have the latest drivers for your Nanocom device. Manufacturers often release updates that can improve compatibility with newer operating systems. You can visit the Nanocom website or forums to check for any available driver updates.

And if you ever need software solutions or a Windows key, you can explore reliable options from sources like Reddit's cheap windows keys community. This will help ensure a secure and functional software environment.