Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jerking when acclerating

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel like I may be having the same problem. To clarify, I have a 02 with 97k on it. When I accelerate gently, like 1.3-1.7k, especially on a slight grade, the engine "putters" briefly. This is corrected by either stopping my acceleration, or accelerating more, causing the car to downshift and rev up the RPMs. I did a MAF and new filter within the year. My initial thoughts were getting plugs and wires and tune-up (not sure what that entails), but it seems like you did that and your problem persists. Hmm. I'll have to dig up the threads on plugs and wires because I feel there have been mixed results with upgrading to bigger diameter, may go OEM.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

In spark plug wires, bigger is simply more and usually better quality insulation. The conductor that moves the electricity to the plug is roughly the same size. It is not a loss of raw electrical power that you are dealing with, it is the resistance to thermal (global warming - under my hood - how did it get there?) and chemical degredation over time. In other woidz, thicker insulation lasts longer, and prevents arc over to adjacent metal surfaces. May want to clean the throttle body (big buttery fly thing) that is down stream from MAF.

Larger diameter wires keep system running right longer. The larger insulation will also decrease the distortion of the electronic pulse that makes the spark, since it will decrease the attenuation of fast rise time pulses. That would vary from truck to truck based on routing, as your wire might be closer to something metal. These are not shielded wires.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:32 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new in this gathering. I have a few inquiries regarding this gathering. These inquiries are displayed under:

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...-start-113336/My inquiry is about this thread. On the off chance that you have any data about this string. Tell me beneath. I'm extremely confounded about that.