Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a 03 yesterday. this morning i have the 3 amigos.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:47 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Just bought a 03 yesterday. this morning i have the 3 amigos.

Hi, first post and i already need help. I bought this truck yesterday, took it home and checked all the brakes because they were alittle squeaky. they looked good so i put them back on and now this morning i get all 3 lovely lights. What the heck did i do wrong yesterday with the brakes?

I know there are like a billion posts on this but im not smart enough to go though them all, and as im at work, i dont think im allowed ether.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Start with getting your codes read by an amigo scanner. You will have to either buy one or go the dealer for it. Autozone scanners won't work on it. As far as what to do. Read the sticky at the top of the page. That fixed mine.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Administrator
Received 101 Likes on 83 Posts

Better yet, plan on replacing the pads, possibly the rotors also because of the brake squeak. Until the squeak is dealt with there is no since wasting money on having the system scanned cause squeaks are one of the main reasons for the 3 Amigos.
You need to consider some Akebono ceramic pads for no squeaks, better stopping, longer lasting and no brake dust on the wheels.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on what Mike has said, I have now gone with EBC rotors on the front and standard rotors on the rear with Akebono ceramic pads. Really easy to change your self, even in the HOT weather that we are having. The most difficult thing is to get the grub screw out of the rotors if you are going to change them. Appart from this you need a flat blade screw driver or small pry bar to gently move the pistons back, a 10mm wrench or socket to get the to the top cover off and then a 19mm 12 sided socket or open ended wrench to get the bracket off and then the rotors come off. You dont need to replace the grub screw as its just there to hold the rotors on when its on the asembly line...

Attached Thumbnails Just bought a 03 yesterday. this morning i have the 3 amigos.-imag1216.jpg  
Old 07-12-2012, 03:01 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G Reeves
+1 on what Mike has said, I have now gone with EBC rotors on the front and standard rotors on the rear with Akebono ceramic pads. Really easy to change your self, even in the HOT weather that we are having. The most difficult thing is to get the grub screw out of the rotors if you are going to change them. Appart from this you need a flat blade screw driver or small pry bar to gently move the pistons back, a 10mm wrench or socket to get the to the top cover off and then a 19mm 12 sided socket or open ended wrench to get the bracket off and then the rotors come off. You dont need to replace the grub screw as its just there to hold the rotors on when its on the asembly line...
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the answers. Im new here but not to forums, Ive used forums to build up jeeps and motorcycles. But this is my first using them for just maintenance issues.

I looked in the main links but couldn't find a really good explanation for the 3, can someone link me?

But you all think it has to do with me messing with the brakes, right?

Old 07-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...s-fault-26847/

Super easy simple right up to get rid of the three amigos.