Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just In Case any of you wonder, I do have a life away from here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just In Case any of you wonder, I do have a life away from here.

I noticed a lot of Land Rovers getting pulled out of trouble, but niether of the Jeeps, haha! I hope that was more a case of pilot error than the otherunspeakable conclusion [sm=icon_quiet.gif]

Old 10-16-2007, 10:11 AM
Mudding

Last winter a friend of ours with a new Range Rover Sport asked us to take him off road. One look at his 20" chrome hoops and street tires told me it was a bad idea. He actually got stuck 40 feet past the forest service gate which was probably lucky. I watched as he twisted and poked at the little traction control dial with a look of complete confusion. "I can't believe this....I paid $50,000 for this......"

To add insult to injury, a teen in a 10 year old Subaru Outback drove around him while we struggled to get him unstuck.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Overlanding

This looks like a really good time, I can't wait for the snow to hit St. Louis. That guy in the Range Rover looks pretty happy to have his picture taken too,
did you have to do paper - rock - scissors with the Jeep driver for dibs on tow strapping him out of dangers way?

Please continue to post any pics you have for us and thanks for all your support and feedback.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Fonzie

I noticed a lot of Land Rovers getting pulled out of trouble, but niether of the Jeeps, haha! I hope that was more a case of pilot error than the otherunspeakable conclusion [sm=icon_quiet.gif]
If you notice in Mike's post, most of the Land rovers were out on their first adventure. 90% of offroad goof are due to the driver, not the vehicle. Besides, those Jeeps were modded. If I put all of that on my Disco, I'll have a beast too....

Old 10-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Yes, 12 of the dealers Rover ran street tires, and all thing considered did pretty dam well. The two jeeps couldn't get any further up the hill then we did for what it is worth.