Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just moved to Estes Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 11:36 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Here is what we missed yesterday with HighCountry4x4. China Wall, my most favorite trail so far last year. This trail is tucked between the Tarryall Mountains and Puma Hills, south of Jefferson on Highway 285 and far northwest of Woodland Park. Austin in the green Dodge does pretty well for a long wheel base truck. A bunch of fun on steep rocks, short shoots, its a little piece of Moab in Colorado, wheel placement is key. You can get up all this stuff in a stock Rover with decent tires. Maybe not if its wet. Motion video starts about 1:36

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=61

Bosshogt last year!

Last edited by bosshogt; 03-16-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingZebra34
That trail looks awesome! I'll see about joining the group once I get the rover up here. But ya I'll back you up out there. A buddy with his D1 and me always showed up the socal Xj and jeep groups. They don't know who they're messing with.

Ya doing all the mods to the ABS system is a pain but man when it works its an awesome system! Plus with cdl these things are unstoppable.
I would say maybe not unstoppable, but much better. The CDL does keep everything throwing the power down in unison. With a rear locker I would say closer to unstoppable. My ABS/TC didn't work all last year when I was off roading and I was fine. Many older Jeeps dont have ABS and they figure it out by taking a different line. I DID have ABS functioning for about 9 months but, now need to swap the ABS modulator...as ALL option B fixes have failed with new shuttle valves, using Joshes write ups.

Last edited by bosshogt; 03-16-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bosshogt
I would say maybe not unstoppable, but much better. The CDL does keep everything throwing the power down in unison. With a rear locker I would say closer to unstoppable. My ABS/TC didn't work all last year when I was off roading and I was fine. Many older Jeeps dont have ABS and they figure it out by taking a different line. I DID have ABS functioning for about 9 months but, now need to swap the ABS modulator...as ALL option B fixes have failed with new shuttle valves, using Joshes write ups.
Some day I'll get an air locker in the back. Life keeps throwing curve ***** at me and investing in toys gets difficult. Someday.

But I did join that group and I see you in it. It'll be a month before I can do any wheeling but let me know if you're heading to an event.

And I used Josh's guide as well. I thank him every day that my abs system works flawlessly. The only thing I have left now is ceramic brakes to prevent the squeeking brakes from causing the 3 amigos to turn on. I bring my scan tool with me everywhere to clear them though(assuming its something simple)

Old 03-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

That trail doesnt look all that bad but then it was icy in spots...

course it never looks bad on video.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you been out yet?

Were up the Red Feather lakes area last weekend getting dirty.

Name:  DSC04301_zpsc0fe902d.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  79.0 KB