Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Lock Remote - Works, most of the time

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 01:13 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Key Lock Remote - Works, most of the time

My driver's door lock actuator has not worked with the remote for sometime, but I have been able to use the remote and the remaining doors would unlock/lock. Now, I have noticed that even when I use the remote to open the doors it will not work after the D2 has sit overnight, and maybe for a long period during the day (really haven't timed it yet). The remote does not work at all, at least until I unlock the driver's door with the key, then the remote will lock and unlock the doors again. I do see the red light on the remote activating, but no indication that the rover has received that signal based on any action or noise I am use to when the locks are activated.

I go to the store, or to dinner, come out and the remote works on all doors but the driver's door as before, and most any other time except the first time I try to use it each day, be it 7AM or 1PM. If it has been sitting since the prior day, the remote does not unlock any doors, you hear no locks being activated and the signal lights do not flash. Any ideas!

Old 05-21-2012, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

New battery in remote as a first step. The attached wiring diagrams show that all these things connect directly to the the BCU, except the lock motors, which are driven by reversing relays of the IDM. Perhaps a connector (those tiny lawyer-sized fine print numbers) is corroded, and has a mind of its own. See electrical library for photos of every connector location by number.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 locks wiring.pdf (1.48 MB, 79 views)
Old 05-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the same problem specific to the drivers door. i was thinking it was mechanical. also hatch doesnt open except from inside. ill get to that soon.