Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

key programming via nanocom

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 05:18 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy key programming via nanocom

Hi guys, first post on here

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the problem i am having. purchased a d2 around christmas and only came with a generic key, i have now purchased a new key with the fob off ebay had it cut and have also been given another fob by a friend.
Went to another friends who has a nanocom to see about getting them linked using the codes on the fobs, got to the point of putting in the code for the first key, then saving it (also tried cycling power on nanocom to check codes saved and they did) clicking the button/hit set and move onto the sync part, it asks to push a button on the key which is says completed successfully, go to the key detect part and press key button again, but it never gets detected, tried with the other fob i have and same thing, i have watched the official guide on the blackbox solutions youtube and followed it perfectly to no avail.

Tried the rf test and it failed, is this the box in the roof failed? I have pulled the roof reciever out to check for any liquid damage and it all looks perfect inside.

I have also checked the listing and the new fob was advertised as a 433mhz key, my roof reciever is a 433mhz also. With the nanocom giving me the successful message earlier with both boards, i would assume this is the case that they are 433mhz.
Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:51 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 439 Likes on 299 Posts

the 433 fobs do not always work. I had one, could not program it w/nanocom. Some have had luck with the bar code using different scan tools