Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

knock sensor wiring help needed...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 11:35 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knock sensor wiring help needed...

Hello all. I am new to the forum. I recently did my head gaskets/valve cover gaskets, (boy, was that fun...). Before I did that work, I was getting a check engine light. It was telling me, my drivers side knock sensor, voltage was low. I figured, after doing heads, I'd just buy a knock sensor, throw it in, and be good... Well, I wish I looked at that knock sensor, when intake was off... Because, when I went to replace the sensor, I saw that there was a black wire, and pink wire, attached to the sensor itself, going into it. However, the pink wire goes for about 6 inches, and then is cut. The black wire runs up behind the a/c compressor, and then into the valley area, on the driver side. When putting the intake back on, I kinda wondered where that lone black wire went. Now I know. I assume the pink wire probably ran inside the same loom, but have looked long and hard for it, and can't find it. Can someone confirm that, the pink wire from driver side knock sensor, is routed along with the black wire, and into the intake area? I have no clue what happened to the pink wire. It does look like someone tried to splice it near the sensor, because there was black tape around it. When the other half went, is baffling... I am hoping someone might know where I can "tap into" that pink wire, near the main loom on the firewall, or some other place, rather than take intake off again, and try and search for this pink wire. Any and all help, will be appreciated. This issue is stopping me from getting a inspection sticker, and I need to drive this truck.
This is my first posting, but I have read many of everyone else's postings. I have owned this truck, for a year, and have spent a lot of time, chasing problem after problem... But I do love this truck! I have a lot of observations I will like to share, but gotta figure this wiring issue out first!