Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED bulb replaces the LCD screen light on the HVAC control

Old 11-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED bulb replaces the LCD screen light on the HVAC control

Does anyone know what (part number, web link) size LED bulb replaces the LCD screen light on the HVAC control unit?
I'm wanting to put a LED in there.
Can't seem to find it searching the forums...

Old 11-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

I replaced my incandescent lamps recently (some had packed up) with I believe T5 domed type LED's. I seem to recollect there were in total 5 bulbs/lamps. Three lamps/bulbs in the central display and two, one each, for the right and left temperature controllers illumination. I used the blue LED lamps all round for brightness. The center bulb supplies the display backlight, the two others, one each side, illuminate the buttons at the bottom and the two at the extremities each side illuminate the temperature adjustment rocker buttons. If you go onto Eblag and plug in 'T5 LED dashboard bulbs' you have dozens to choose from. I used the blue type with a sealed dome top. I had to do some very minor 'surgical' work with a craft knife to the plastic bayonet fittings on some as they are set into a thicker PCB than most cars have and are a fractionally larger diameter. Before you push/snap the A/C computer back into position test the lights because with LED's they only work on a given polarity and if some don't illuminate take them out and reset them 180deg thus changing the polarity. It's well worth using LED's as they last far longer and at least I can read the damned display clearly now at night.

PS. the LED's are in white, blue, green, red and yellow - whatever color takes your fancy.