Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locked out, possibly super locked...help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2020 | 09:48 PM
|
3rd Gear
Default Locked out, possibly super locked...help!!!

Locked out, possibly super locked, I had just gotten back from a ski trip with my ‘01 Disco and locked the doors and hit the lock button more than once maybe as many as 4 times not certain. But it was all fine nothing strange to me. Then the next morning when I went to go outside get a bag I forgot inside it, it wouldn’t unlock with the fob or the physical key in the driver side door.

I have tied to get a hanger to pull the lock tab up, only leading to frustration and debating on shattering a window.

Then I contacted my neighbor who previously owned the truck and has a 2003 that is being built into a nice rig, he said if the battery was dead(I think It is, no red alar light on) could try jumping it with the positive lead in my winch grounding it to the frame. I tired this but to no avail. It ran the wench in and out and had power flowing through it for sure. I figured this would work. I’m surprised a fairly new battery otherwise completely reliable died over night especially after running at highway speeds for over an hour.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I really need to get into the truck because I won’t be able to bum my grandparents car for too much longer.