Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR Disco II door lock issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 07:52 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR Disco II door lock issue

I just ran into an issue with my driver door key entry. I don't have an FOB so I have been using the key to lock (SET ALARM) and unlock my Disco II SE7. Well while trying to unlock my door at a grocery store all doors unlocked except the driver front. I've run into this issue recently so I put my groceries in the back and reached through to the front to pull the front door lock up. Thought it was unlocked, shut the back door but when I tried the front door it stayed in lock mode so I put the key back in, turned to unlock, nothing, turned to lock then unlock again (kind of a reset which I've used in the past) but this time all the doors locked also setting the alarm and the key would just spin freely in the lock. So long story short and 3 service calls to lock poppers & $198 later we we're able to get the passenger door open thanks to a beautiful day in which I had left the front sunroof open enough to get a skillfully manipulated door handle popper. Next step was opening the hood and pulling the horn fuse to quiet but not discontinue the alarm. Was told disconnecting the battery would not disarm the alarm. So next step was to disarm the alarm so I could start the Disco II. After taking the door panel off and attempting to actuate the door lock to shut off alarm and start vehicle we eventually found a bolt part # R33077 was snapped. It appeared to have a gear type head that would actually spin with the key as it turns. My question is ...is this a part that can be replaced individually or do I have to order a completely new front door key actuator etc, and being that the key works the same for the door,alarm, and ignition would I have to get a new key if i replace the actuator? Would it need to be restructured to work in ignition or would my same key still work.? Has anybody encountered this circumstance and if so what was the remedy? All thoughts/expertise is greatly appreciated, .