Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods to improve MPG?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first 2 years of Oblamer's presidency the Democrats HAD control of all 3 branches. I don't remember seeing any balanced budgets. I do remember having a few things shoved down the throat of the American public along with a pile of spending.
Speaking of taxes. Do "cap & trade" or "value added taxes" sound like things designed to help the "working man".
Don't get me wrong, you wont see a Romney 2012 sign on my front lawn either. They are ALL crooks . It has not been of/by/for the people in a LONG time, which is why I firmly believe that more government control = more problems for the "majority".
We don't need the government to make gas more expensive to force us to "alternative enery". We need them to get the F ouut of the way of American Ingenuity. Obama is just as guilty as ANY Republican of selling the people down the river in trade for campaign donations. Throwing our tax dollars at failed tech like solar panels is just as bad as pushing "Big Oil". Get the lobbyists & activists out of Washington (ALL OF THEM) and see what the private sector comes up with then...

Old 03-09-2012, 10:30 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Please tell me you don't honestly believe that Republicans want to limit women's rights? That is effing idiotic.

You mentioned "total control over everything" :

Pres Obama, a democrat, had a super majority in the senate and a majority in the congress for the first 2 years he was in office, isn't that considered "total control over everything?" Was that too short of a time for them to pass a budget and get some good things done?

Solyndra :

You talk about a "bunch of friends doing a circle jerk" : Do you know the details about Solyndra? Do you know who was running it and what kind of shape it was in at the time they got their loan? Obviously not. Please take some time to read up on that one, before giving it the "better luck next time" treatment.

I didn't vote for him, but I believed that he could do good things. But what has he done?

He said the stimulus would keep us under 8% unemployment, it didn't.

He said he'd unite the country, he hasn't, I'd say he's done the opposite.

He said he'd balance the budget, he hasn't.

He said the $4 tril debt that President Bush rang up was "unpatriotic," he's rung up more in 3 years than Bush did in 8!

Old 03-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default and.....

and ..........................republicans....democrats ..... There a big pile of sh$t looking at itself in the mirror....obama has not come threw....bush, clinton...who has ????????? do you really think he or any one person has any power to actually change anything ..one guy... not a chance.... Our government is not a dictatorship.....have you seen the other choices...jesus christ..a real bunch of *** clowns.... You have to give obama credit though... for somebody who want to push gun control and hates guns in the hand of private citizens ......he ran three sucsessfull kill ops ..... so you could say he is 3 for 3.... got to give him credit where credit is due... There is no silver bullet and never will be...

I think we need to move this post as we are very far off topic......

Old 03-10-2012, 12:36 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're right, let's just keep it simple...

Old 03-10-2012, 06:35 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default ok....

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
You're right, let's just keep it simple...

For someone who is living in the basement of there parents house, drinking Lattte's and drives a land rover, I am pretty impressed with your Political opinions and knowledge . I think we all here own land rovers so we can escape the bullsh$t we have to live in everyday and escape the facts we know most people in washington are *** clowns and nothing is going to change in the near future. Not Washington State..... yloDiscoII......

National Debt by Presidential Term - per Capita and as Percentage of GDP

Last edited by vandev; 03-10-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default ok...back to the topic..

back to the topic..

This will help as running cooler means running more efficiently...I am ordering a set....

RunCool Hood Louvers/Hood Vents For Your Vehicle - Cool Your Engine - RaceAce

Old 03-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

LOVE IT!!
Looks like the "Right" wing's hero, Regean, had the biggest increase.
Who knew? Oh yeah, everyone without wool over their eyes.

Our Gov. has sold out to big corporations, we need to get the money out of politics, ban Super Packs and have public funds and "free" air time on tv.
Let the people decide, given the facts and only the facts.
There is a "truth in advertising" law for all manufacturer, Ford cant lie, neither can GM or Honda, why can a person running for elected office?

Old 03-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Please tell me you don't honestly believe that Republicans want to limit women's rights? That is effing idiotic.

You mentioned "total control over everything" :

Pres Obama, a democrat, had a super majority in the senate and a majority in the congress for the first 2 years he was in office, isn't that considered "total control over everything?" Was that too short of a time for them to pass a budget and get some good things done?

Solyndra :

You talk about a "bunch of friends doing a circle jerk" : Do you know the details about Solyndra? Do you know who was running it and what kind of shape it was in at the time they got their loan? Obviously not. Please take some time to read up on that one, before giving it the "better luck next time" treatment.

I didn't vote for him, but I believed that he could do good things. But what has he done?

He said the stimulus would keep us under 8% unemployment, it didn't.

He said he'd unite the country, he hasn't, I'd say he's done the opposite.

He said he'd balance the budget, he hasn't.

He said the $4 tril debt that President Bush rang up was "unpatriotic," he's rung up more in 3 years than Bush did in 8!
Yes I honestly believe the Republicans want to limit womens rights, look at what they are trying to do with abortion and birth control all in the name of "religion".
But what they are forgetting is in the Constitution there is the separation of Church and State, meaning the State cannot govern based on the Church.
Just because the Bible might say something is wrong does not mean the Gov can.
Whats right for me may not be right for you.

Do you think Obama is the first elected official to ever try to help friends while in office with Gov. loans or Gov. contracts?
Ever heard of Blackwater? You know who their friend is right? And that they have the sole Gov. contract for protecting US personnel and interest's where the US military is not involved.

There is no silver bullet.
They are all bad.
All we can do it try.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoa whoa whoa... You really believe the democratic spin that this is an assault on women? Open your eyes man! Granted the dems are doing a great job of forcing the repubs to put thier foots in their mouths over this whole subject, but it is nowhere near what they are making it out to be. This is about the Obama admin FORCING a religous instition to provide something that conflicts with their beliefs. So, we let this one go. Fine. What else do we let them FORCE us into? Exercise some caution with what power you willingly hand over to a president (Dem or Rep). Let's all learn from the "patriot act" that was for our own protection....

On another note. Show me a woman who got knocked up and was forced to have a child that she didn't want SOLELY because she worked for a religous institution and had ABSOLUTELY NO access to birth control. If you find someone who fits that bill, then maybe I'll start believing in Eugenics. It's out there. There are a pile of other ways to get it. We have free will in this country. If you don't agree with an employers/schools policy move on to another employer/school...

Old 03-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vandev
back to the topic..

This will help as running cooler means running more efficiently...I am ordering a set....

RunCool Hood Louvers/Hood Vents For Your Vehicle - Cool Your Engine - RaceAce

hmmm. i think that's cool. you go first tho and pls. post pics and results soon. i'm breaking my ***** with the inline thermostat right now for the same reason more or less.

Quick Reply: Mods to improve MPG?