Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice purchasing an 03 Disco

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 12:16 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice purchasing an 03 Disco

Hi all, my name is Brad. I have been browsing the forums periodically and have just now recently became very serious in purchasing a Disco. I am looking at a forest green 03 base model. It has ~73k miles and appears to be in excellent condition. The dealer stated the car had not been detailed and required an exhaust leak be fixed as well as the CEL light on (oxygen sensor??). I am trying to find a local mechanic to look the vehicle over before I commit to anything, but may have to settle on the dealer if I cannot find anyone familiar with the discovery. I test drove the vehicle and it felt great, didn't try many of the options but will def require a longer test drive before purchase. What other issues should I be looking for in this vehicle??? I see no sign of prior body damage in the door jambs, hood etc. Just looking for some more input and advice before I commit to the purchase. I will also be looking into a third party extended warranty as repairs and parts seem quite expensive. Here is a link to the car and any help will be appreciated! http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...p;aff=national

Old 02-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need advice purchasing an 03 Disco

look for some signs of off road damage on the underside, look around the diffs to see if they have been caught on anything, maybe scratches, dents. check the basic electrics to make sure they work as there are some faults with the early 2003 discos. suspension shouldnt be a problem as im sure the base specs come with sprigs instead of the airbags but i would just give the vehciles i could look over, think about what its desinged for, to go off road. from what i can think that is the most possible liklyhood of any damage