Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New battery, now woulnt run..please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
you don't even need to have a battery in the vehicle to keep it running.
But you do to not fry your alternator.

No comment on the OP, his attitude said it all. lol

Interesting wiring job though. I see whoever did it doesn't understand automotive wiring.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:43 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
But you do to not fry your alternator.

No comment on the OP, his attitude said it all. lol

Interesting wiring job though. I see whoever did it doesn't understand automotive wiring.
That's funny. I was thinking what a ****ty wiring job.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok apparently you people CANT READ.. IT WAS due to the battery being out of vehicle for a few days.. and the wiring job? LOL i dont understand you morons to comprehend what a big 3 wire job is.. and i WISH i was 17 again...

Old 06-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so Punisher....what method FIXED it though? 5 minutes in ignition? lock/unlock trick? Testbook? thanks

Old 06-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You seem to be failing to grasp what the others have been saying. The battery being out of the vehicle caused a COMPUTER problem. This is why everyone was saying, and was right in saying, that a battery wont directly cause the issues you were experiencing. You don't need to come in here and bad mouth people who are telling you what is wrong. You've been extremely fortunate to have most of the smartest minds, who each have more years of service experience when it comes these trucks than you have probably been alive, chime in and assist in your plight. Now please, instead of going on about how you got butthurt by the experts because you misunderstood what they were talking about share how you fixed the issue so curious minds or others in the future who come across this issue will find a solution in this thread instead of a bunch of insults.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Punisher
ok apparently you people CANT READ.. IT WAS due to the battery being out of vehicle for a few days.. and the wiring job? LOL i dont understand you morons to comprehend what a big 3 wire job is.. and i WISH i was 17 again...
I don't understand the attitude and name calling. You may not be 17 but you're showing the maturity of one. The issue was that the battery was disconnected for an extended period of time, which you didn't mention in your first post. You need to make sure you are as detailed as possible when describing symptoms and circumstances. That way the people with the experience and knowledge base can point you in the right direction. Lastly, please let everyone know what the actual fix was so the information is out there.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by The Punisher
morons like you are the reason i normally stay off or forums...
LOL, dude, bro, homie, Iv'e forgotten more about your truck than you'll ever know about your truck.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by FLDiscoII
You may not be 17 but you're showing the maturity of one.
Don't insult my 17 year old son.

The OP is probably just in a bad mood because he got punished by The Punisher.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Just one quick thought to pass forward regarding leaving a battery disconnected for a period of time, yes, you will possibly loose your adaptive memory but the engine ECU will not not be wiped clean of it's memory.
Think about it, how many of us have had the truck apart for weeks or months, hooked up a good battery and it starts right up.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Just one quick thought to pass forward regarding leaving a battery disconnected for a period of time, yes, you will possibly loose your adaptive memory but the engine ECU will not not be wiped clean of it's memory.
Think about it, how many of us have had the truck apart for weeks or months, hooked up a good battery and it starts right up.
wow. ur right. the 2004 Discovery's sat at the port so long that all the tires got flatspotted and they used to disconnect the battery's as soon as they came off the ship.

So what your saying is, this guy "bro'd" up his wiring and somehow lost sync between ECM and BCM/IDM? Like self inflicted? Cause I figure that a guy that would put stickers on his battery would def be able to re-wire a Land Rover... lololol

Last edited by RoverMasterTech; 06-08-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Quick Reply: New battery, now woulnt run..please help