Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A new direction for my Disco

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I guarantee you will get way farther in the VW Type 2 than in the Jag. It will take a while, but you'll get there. Of course, you would need to adjust to having a vehicle that didn't leak oil whereas with the Jag you wouldn't need to do so.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Spike Im proud to own my Disco II and I cheerish every moment I spend with it. Does not mean I cannot lust after a second or third Rover to add to the family. How many vehicles do you and your wife own? At least 2 right? Plus you drive a company vehicle? And many Rover owners also have multiple vehicles. So why cant I have multiple vehicles? Just so happens that I want afew Rovers for my passion and pleasure. Just how I am, dont have a family, dont have a women so why the hell not enjoy the time I have with the things Im most passionate about? I love these vehicles so dam much and Id love to say I own afew of them. Guess that makes me a true Land Rover enthusiast.
Yes you can have more than one car, from everything I am reading you are to concerned with the longevity of your truck and have been tried to trade it at least once.
If you really want your truck to last as long as possible move to the south where it does not snow, the Arizona desert or Nevada would be good area's for that.
For where you live, just like where I live, to prevent as much rust as possible you need to run your car through the full service automatic carwash where they also do the under body flush, the fresh water rinses all of the salt off.
We have more than one car because we have to, my wife needs her van to carry the kids back and forth to school, get groceries, etc. It is also the family car, when I am home and I need to run to the store, I take the van not my truck.
I only drive my truck to work and back, tow trailers, offroad, get around in blizzards, etc.
I drive my work van for work, not personal, I dont bring it home, it is a business tool and it needs to be taken care of because if its not on the road it is not making me money.
In transportation, which I have been doing for over 20yrs, your truck is your office, your office is where you make your money.
Spend to much on your office and you make a smaller profit.
Dont spend enough on it and you loose money because you break down and need more repairs, remember, if its not moving its costing you money.
Cost vs benefit, change the oil to often and its a waste of money, the truck wont last longer because you changed the oil more often but it will die sooner because you did not change it often enough.
Same thing with your Rover, and mine.
Spending $300 on brake pads will not benefit you in any way and spending $20 on brake pads will cost you time (time is money) because you will need to replace them sooner.
Here is a perfect example, '98 Ford E-250 with the Triton 5.4L V-8, quick lube oil changes every 4-6,000 miles, driven hard, nothing major done to the engine, ever.
She was drinking alot of oil as of late, she has been retired and made into soup cans, still ran like a top.

Cost vs benefit.

Last edited by Spike555; 02-15-2013 at 07:54 PM.