Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the Disco world, what have I bought?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 01:39 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to the Disco world, what have I bought?

the questions i can help with most of which have already been answered. The manuals and tech stuff, and accessories, ebay. Parts, there is a list of parts suppliers posted. sun roof check switch. The service price is alittle high. Most of it you can do. the most difficult thing about the service is the tranny and fuel filter(where it is located is difficult for me. I did a complete service and changed everything from brakes filters, hoses, plugs, wires, the works. Dealer quote for the same work with parts 2400.00. I got the parts for 500.00 and did the work in my shop. it took about 12 hours over 2 days. I am not hot dog mech. I also have a 96 disco. had it 10 years 130k on it no major problems. Almost all disco owners will tell you maintanecne is the most important thing. DIY for me is the best way. I know more about my rover than my dealer thought. Rover has 2 primary manuals the general shop manual, and the electrical manual. Like most electrical problems, finding them is the problem, fixes are usually easy. Welcome to the forum. there is a lot of good information and very smart people that can help when you need it. The trip you are looking at going to. This can give you the chance to meet other rover people and they can and will help you.
Rover is the best 4x4 I have owned. did everything i ask and then some that snuck up on me. FAQ area is a good place to start with common problems with the disco and rover in general. Rover people love to talk to rover. welcome to the forum, Gotta love a rover. duboff.

Old 07-15-2005, 02:01 AM
6th Gear

Thanks for the replies! Again, I want to add to the knowledge base as I learn, that's the only way we get to enjoy our toys and have money left over to buy more toys (does that make sense?!).

Old 07-17-2005, 02:20 AM
4wd Low

I agree with Duboff, make noise...now the question is not where the sound is coming from it's now an issue of the dealer taking care of an issue. I do believe that NATIONALLY, there is a 3 day lemon law...that being said, check another dealer if necessary, I had to do this with an American SUV I owned, there was an unannounced recall on the engine...5th dealer I took it to, confirmed this. Also, go to LR's website and contact customer service, I just did this on my mass airflow sensor with warranty questions, they got right back to me, about 12 hrs later, as they are not in the US. Ask to speak to the shop foreman as well, make him drive with you...Remember, YOU are the customer, you did them a favor, no, I don't believe you bought a lemon, just stand firm, don't let the man get you down. LOL [>:]

Old 07-18-2005, 11:16 AM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: adigerol

I agree with Duboff, make noise...now the question is not where the sound is coming from it's now an issue of the dealer taking care of an issue. I do believe that NATIONALLY, there is a 3 day lemon law...that being said, check another dealer if necessary, I had to do this with an American SUV I owned, there was an unannounced recall on the engine...5th dealer I took it to, confirmed this. Also, go to LR's website and contact customer service, I just did this on my mass airflow sensor with warranty questions, they got right back to me, about 12 hrs later, as they are not in the US. Ask to speak to the shop foreman as well, make him drive with you...Remember, YOU are the customer, you did them a favor, no, I don't believe you bought a lemon, just stand firm, don't let the man get you down. LOL [>:]
I bought it from a used car lot with 106,000 basically, so dealer is no longer responsible.

Old 07-19-2005, 06:31 PM
4wd Low

Again, make a stink, you have a buyers remorse clause, usually 3 days...if not, make a bigger stink if you believe you've got a leg to stand on