Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy here, help with purchase :bow:

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018 | 10:14 AM
Overlanding

I'm following along here, thanks for starting this thread. Good luck with your purchase and yeah, I know how hard it is to wait

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 99' if it checks out tomorrow. I've taken every piece of advise from this forum and a few other places on the web and created a checklist of things I'm going to go over on the vehicle.

I just wanted to thank everyone here for being a great resource!

Old 12-01-2018 | 10:23 AM
|
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Quest4ADV
I'm following along here, thanks for starting this thread. Good luck with your purchase and yeah, I know how hard it is to wait

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a 99' if it checks out tomorrow. I've taken every piece of advise from this forum and a few other places on the web and created a checklist of things I'm going to go over on the vehicle.

Right on! Good luck! I second the appreciation! These enthusiast forums are so important and contain a lot of Golden info for the most part. I always try to pay back and do my part once I’m up to speed on a subject!

The following users liked this post:
Quest4ADV (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018 | 12:37 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Is there any way you could share that checklist with me?

The following users liked this post:
Quest4ADV (12-01-2018)
Old 12-01-2018 | 01:41 PM
Overlanding

Let me clean it up a bit and I'll upload it.

Old 12-01-2018 | 02:46 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Awesome! Thanks!

Mods, if you need to move this to a more appropriate section, please do.

Old 12-01-2018 | 09:50 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Well, I went ahead and ordered the UG. This will be a big help

Old 12-02-2018 | 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Daytoman
Well, I went ahead and ordered the UG. This will be a big help
it will give you all the vitals. Temp, gas mileage, voltage, etc.

Make sure to check for leaks at the engine of course, but also Transfer Case, and the axles at the wheels

The unicorn is a Sleeved Block from Turner Engineering in England, or a motor that has had its liners pinned. Also, a lot of shops put P38 motors in DII’s. An original engine is not the best option low miles or not.

Old 12-02-2018 | 08:43 AM
|
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by CollieRover

it will give you all the vitals. Temp, gas mileage, voltage, etc.

Make sure to check for leaks at the engine of course, but also Transfer Case, and the axles at the wheels

The unicorn is a Sleeved Block from Turner Engineering in England, or a motor that has had its liners pinned. Also, a lot of shops put P38 motors in DII’s. An original engine is not the best option low miles or not.
Yup and I’ve been catching up on the LS swap thread. Even though I have an inclination to keep it all Rover. that is very encouraging and probably the best option when needed.

Last edited by Daytoman; 12-02-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-02-2018 | 04:25 PM
Overlanding

Not to hijack your thread too much, but I looked at the Kiversand 99 today. It was a wreck. Every corner had damage. dang teenage girl he bought it for.

It over heated a couple of weeks ago on her, they towed it home, but using Toruqe Pro app, I could see the temp climb up to 240 right away. Added some coolant and water and bled it, but it was going somewhere I couldn't find. Didn't seem like it was burning it, but I couldn't find any leaks either.

I ended up walking away. Too bad, the color was starting to grow on me.

Old 12-02-2018 | 07:31 PM

Not to hijack your thread too much, but I looked at the Kiversand 99 today. It was a wreck. Every corner had damage. dang teenage girl he bought it for.

It over heated a couple of weeks ago on her, they towed it home, but using Toruqe Pro app, I could see the temp climb up to 240 right away. Added some coolant and water and bled it, but it was going somewhere I couldn't find. Didn't seem like it was burning it, but I couldn't find any leaks either.

I ended up walking away. Too bad, the color was starting to grow on me.
good decision.

Quick Reply: New guy here, help with purchase :bow: