Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New high-mileage Disco owner!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 06:20 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Extinct
That paint is very good for the mileage, must have been parked in a garage when not driven. How's the rust under the back?

And congrats on soldiering on past 250k! Don't see many high mileage examples, proof these engines are not as bad as some like to infer.
Thank you! The paint did come up pretty good after polishing, but it was definitely a bit of a disaster when I got it. I'd say overall paint quality is about 7/10 at this point, which is great all things considered. The hood does have some 'sandblasting' on the forward leading edge that I wasn't able to fully polish out, but I'm overall really happy with it's current condition.

Originally Posted by skucera
After reading your description, I realized you have the twin of my 2001 black Disco II. I have less than half your miles, but you're quickly making yours have fewer problems than mine has. Well done! Keep up the good work.

Also, what type of stereo or GPS or tablet adapter do you have in your rig? The photo of your dashboard is very intriguing.

As I mentioned in a previous comment (my posts are on an approval delay because I'm new, I think), it's a JOYING head unit that runs Android. I'm actually way more happy with it now than I originally thought I would be. It fits the space really well and has a very sharp display. I attached a picture that shows a better view of the dash.

Scott
Originally Posted by jdbayer
I have an android head unit in my Rover and there is no need to buy an adapter to make the steering controls work. I have attached a YouTube video that will show you how to hook it up. I use this method on mine and I can tell you it works. Once you get it hooked up you will need to go into your settings and program each button. I have mine set where "Mode" actually turns on navigation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbIRyDGwtj0
Ah, very interesting... I would LOVE to have my steering wheel buttons work. It's probably too much of a job for me personally to mess with the wiring like that, but now that I know it's possible I may have a shop do this for me soon. Great info.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by jdbayer
I have an android head unit in my Rover and there is no need to buy an adapter to make the steering controls work. I have attached a YouTube video that will show you how to hook it up. I use this method on mine and I can tell you it works. Once you get it hooked up you will need to go into your settings and program each button. I have mine set where "Mode" actually turns on navigation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbIRyDGwtj0
Nicely done!!!!! I'll check this out. Thank you for sharing this.