Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new problem ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 06:58 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default new problem ?

Little back story put new y pipe and 4 new o2 sensors on, everything good for a month or two. Code p0150 and p0174 been popping up, as well as a new one p1174. At a light or idle in gear it spits and sputters like it wants to die. I figure the p0174 codes ( bank 2 running lean) is the cause so I looked under the truck to see if the front passenger sensor was good, and I seen a tube hanging no idea what it is for or where it goes. Any help is appreciated, thanks

Attached Thumbnails new problem ?-20150519_174429.jpg   new problem ?-20150519_174522.jpg  
Old 05-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Tube looks like a vent... Just came in clipped
I'd Check for vac leaks

Last edited by dusty1; 05-19-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:54 AM
Mudding

Ok It looks like it comes from the motor or front end. I seen a hole like a bigger tube in the body going up I just stuck it in there for now. Didn't want the tube dangling on the driveshaft. Will look again after work and see if I can find where it came unplug from. Thanks

Old 05-20-2015, 02:57 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

If the car was running well before you fitted the new Y pipe I'd be checking the joints with the manifolds. An air leak there could introduce unmetered air to the system that the O2 sensor signals as a lean mixture in the relevant bank.

With this signal from the O2 sensor the ECU tries to adjust the mix, but it's already ok and by altering it, a problem that didn't exist is created and the engine falters. It's also worth checking back through the air intake side of the engine for any other unmetered air leaks which will be detected by the O2 sensors.

The tube hanging down is one of the breathers from; front diff or gearbox or X-box all of which should pass into the engine bay and be strapped to the bulkhead safely away from the exhaust on the passenger side.

Last edited by Alphamale; 05-20-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Mudding

Well the truck ran good no problems, every now and then code po440 popped up but usually it was the result the gas cap wasn't tight enough. I decided to more or less race a cop car and that's when I first noticed the start of the sluggish-ness. Also changed the oil but I figure that is unrelated since I didn't mess with anything other that the oil pan and filter. I'm not showing any missing but could that cause a o2 sensor to get a little crazy? Or do I need to switch the sensor and see if the problem follows?

Old 05-20-2015, 09:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

All 4 o2 sensors??? JAHEEEEZ!!! What was wrong with them? I replaced one on my Rover once a couple of years ago, but I've never heard of any vehicle needing all of them. Especially all at once!

Old 05-20-2015, 11:43 PM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Trans vent, dont pull it! i did that on accident.... now i know i have a hole i need to plug up

Old 05-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Mudding

Ok so leave the vent tube alone, can do will clip it up out of the way. Any ideas on the p1174 code?

Old 05-21-2015, 12:08 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

The following is an extract from a table in RAVE. But while there is a recorded P0150 fault from the front O2 sensor in bank 2 i.e. right hand bank of engine, this could be a spurious code caused by an air leak anywhere from the MAF through to the upstream side of the sensor. Having said that do never-the-less make sure the connection and circuit of the sensor is sound. Get yourself a copy of RAVE here http://www.landroverresource.com/doc...hop_Manual.pdf and look up page 18-2-28

P0150 - O2 sensor circuit malfunction (bank 2, sensor 1) - Front sensor RH bank stoichiometric ratio outside operating band

P0308 - Cylinder 8 misfire detected - Injector 8 excess emissions/catalyst damaging level of misfire.

P0171 - System too lean (bank 1) - Multiplication injector adaptive fuelling - lean limit exceeded LH bank

P0172 - System too rich (bank 1) - Multiplication injector adaptive fuelling - rich limit exceeded LH bank

P0174 - System too lean (bank 2) - Multiplication injector adaptive fuelling - lean limit exceeded RH bank

P0175 - System too rich (bank 2) - Multiplication injector adaptive fuelling - rich limit exceeded RH bank

P1171 - System too lean (bank 1) - Additive injector adaptive fuelling - lean limit exceeded LH bank

P1172 - System too rich (bank1) - Additive injector adaptive fuelling - rich limit exceeded LH bank

P1174 - System too lean (bank 2) - Additive injector adaptive fuelling - lean limit exceeded RH bank

P1175 - System too rich (bank 2) - Additive injector adaptive fuelling - rich limit exceeded RH bank

P0300 - Random/multiple cylinder excess emissions detected - Excess emissions detected on more than one cylinder

P1300 - Random/multiple cylinder misfire detected - Catalyst damaging level of misfire on more than one cylinder

P1319 Misfire detected with low fuel level

Old 05-21-2015, 06:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Alphamale
The following is an extract from a table in RAVE. But while there is a recorded P0150 fault from the front O2 sensor in bank 2 i.e. right hand bank of engine, this could be a spurious code caused by an air leak anywhere from the MAF through to the upstream side of the sensor. Having said that do never-the-less make sure the connection and circuit of the sensor is sound. Get yourself a copy of RAVE here http://www.landroverresource.com/doc...hop_Manual.pdf and look up page 18-2-28

P0150 - O2 sensor circuit malfunction (bank 2, sensor 1) - Front sensor RH bank stoichiometric ratio outside operating band

P0308 - Cylinder 8 misfire detected - Injector 8 excess emissions/catalyst damaging level of misfire.

P0171 - System too lean (bank 1) - Multiplication injector adaptive fuelling - lean limit exceeded LH bank

P0172 - System too rich (bank 1) - Multiplication injector adaptive fuelling - rich limit exceeded LH bank

P0174 - System too lean (bank 2) - Multiplication injector adaptive fuelling - lean limit exceeded RH bank

P0175 - System too rich (bank 2) - Multiplication injector adaptive fuelling - rich limit exceeded RH bank

P1171 - System too lean (bank 1) - Additive injector adaptive fuelling - lean limit exceeded LH bank

P1172 - System too rich (bank1) - Additive injector adaptive fuelling - rich limit exceeded LH bank

P1174 - System too lean (bank 2) - Additive injector adaptive fuelling - lean limit exceeded RH bank

P1175 - System too rich (bank 2) - Additive injector adaptive fuelling - rich limit exceeded RH bank

P0300 - Random/multiple cylinder excess emissions detected - Excess emissions detected on more than one cylinder

P1300 - Random/multiple cylinder misfire detected - Catalyst damaging level of misfire on more than one cylinder

P1319 Misfire detected with low fuel level

Yep! That's a copied and pasted list of DTC's... That I now recopied and re-pasted.
I think he's looking more for the cause than the effect.... Is my guess.

Quick Reply: new problem ?