Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New SE7 owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Mudding
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshman
@catman,
I have read enough to feel confident that a retrofit will work. What color is the plastic trim on the seats and rear panels?
Mine are black. Here is a photo when they were in the Disco.

Looking at the photo reminded me that the SE7 also would have the rear fold-down headrests, possible rear climate or audio controls, and the rear step assist next to the hitch beneath the rear bumper.....

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Discovery Jump Seat.pdf (804.4 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by catman; 03-21-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's a pic from my SE7 to show you what the floor board mounts look like

Name:  1635.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  75.0 KB

Old 03-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew that there were no trimmed anchors, as the carpet is solid and only has the four tie-down anchors. It also has the normal cargo holds on the sides where the seats would fold up. Actually, he had an SE (with 116K miles) that I test drove as well, but I didn't care to take on all of those extra miles.
I have not read ANYONE so far who has tried the retrofit from an SE that didn't have all of the required bolt holes already, just takes a cut in the carpet. If there is a review that says otherwise, it would be valuable information for me.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Mudding

I just went outside and looked for the VIN badge inside the hood, and I don't see one. I have a good carfax that shows regular maintenance, so I am not worried, but I would like to know what trim package it came with. Do you think I could call the dealer it was purcahsed from?
@DiscoRover, I like your pic, and I think it is the same color as mine. My nay blue is so dark that it often looks black.

I just ordered the eBay kit to replace the leather boots on my e-brake and 4WD shifter. Also planning on ordering the heated seat activation kit from AB and I need good floor mats. The ones at AB (rubber ones) are $135, but look good. Is there a better option I wonder? Off to scroll through posts...

Old 03-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Mudding

@Catman,
Those are exactly what I would need. Where are you located? If you are interested in a trade, we can do this thing. Let me know.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Mudding

@Catman,
Note, I believe I do not have the rear A/C panels. I have no rear A/C. Do you?

Old 03-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshman
I just went outside and looked for the VIN badge inside the hood, and I don't see one. I have a good carfax that shows regular maintenance, so I am not worried, but I would like to know what trim package it came with. Do you think I could call the dealer it was purcahsed from?
@DiscoRover, I like your pic, and I think it is the same color as mine. My nay blue is so dark that it often looks black.

I just ordered the eBay kit to replace the leather boots on my e-brake and 4WD shifter. Also planning on ordering the heated seat activation kit from AB and I need good floor mats. The ones at AB (rubber ones) are $135, but look good. Is there a better option I wonder? Off to scroll through posts...
Ah I believe the 2004's changed the blue to Aztec blue, or something like that. 2003 is the last year of Oslo Blue, I'm so proud of it

Old 03-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Mudding

Can someone post a photo of the rear a/c panels? I have to specify with or without rear a/c when I swap out for jump seats, just wanted to know what I am missing.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoRover007
Ah I believe the 2004's changed the blue to Aztec blue, or something like that. 2003 is the last year of Oslo Blue, I'm so proud of it

It's Adriatic Blue which looks like black most of the time!

Old 03-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Mudding

I love it. It is almost like I got two colors for the price of one.

Now, my interior is a very pale tan with black piping. I wouldn't say it is the Alpaca Beige, because the beige in post #12 above is a lot darker than what I have. Where I am looking, it shows only two other options, black or Tundra. But on another site Tundra looks like a gray color. Any ideas what color leather I might have?

Last edited by Joshman; 03-21-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Quick Reply: New SE7 owner