Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New SE7 owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New SE7 owner

Just bought an '04 SE7 last weekend, and am trying to read as much as I can. Weirdest thing, so far, is that my SE7 doesn't have jump seats (I thought that an SE7 only differed from the SE by having the 6th and 7th seats, and that is what the "7" stood for in the model name).
- Does anyone know what makes an SE7 different from an SE?
- Is it odd that my SE7 doesn't have jump seats?
- Is there a way to check my VIN to see if it was originally released as an SE, and someone just switched badging?

I have 4 kids, and I want jump seats very badly. My interior is shown in the photo attached to this post. If anyone has tan jump seats and wants to swap all of the trim and seats with me, let me know.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Yeah, the 7 means seven seats. Perhaps someone didn't like them.. they do rattle a bit. They could have traded with someone that wanted them. Either that, or the dealer (or previous owner) is trying to get a couple extra bucks pretending it's the SE7 when it isn't.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

VIN plate under hood would have trim code. See attached. Welcome, please enjoy free download of RAVE shop and owner manuals for truck. You may also be able to purchase desired parts from one of the dismantlers that frequent the site.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 vin b.pdf (47.5 KB, 124 views)
Old 03-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Mudding
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

I have the Alpaca beige jump seats that I just took out a few months ago from my 2004 SE7. I have dogs and the seats were just a nuisance. I would rather have the storage boxes, I do not think I will ever re-install them. I'll double check with my wife if she feels we need to keep them for any reason.

I am not 100% if there is any difference between the design of the sides and floor of an SE and SE7. That is, the seats will only work if you have the anchors for them to snap into in the floor, and the posts on the sides behind the storage boxes for them to bolt onto. I have not looked closely at what an SE has on the floor in the rear.

Last edited by catman; 03-20-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default i have the same

I have a se7 with seats and never use them. You should know if you do load it up with 6-7 people that thing will drop to the ground. You will need heavy springs. I did one time with mine and handled like a death bomb....

If i get rid of mine will let you know..

Chris

Old 03-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice rig, welcome!

Old 03-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

You own an "SE" not an SE7 as someone may have told you. Did you buy it from a dealer or sale group, did they say it is an SE7, if so I would incest that they convert it to a SE7 if that is what is shown on your paper work or ask or the difference in cash shown in the Kelly Blue. You do have legal grounds for getting this resolved.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Mudding

@catman,
I have read enough to feel confident that a retrofit will work. What color is the plastic trim on the seats and rear panels?

Old 03-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Mudding

@Disco Mike,
I hope incest in not involved (typos are funny sometimes).

I bought it from a used dealer, but I knew that the truck had no jump seats when I bought it and bluebooked it accordingly.

thanks for making me feel welcome guys, I really appreciate it.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Just because you knew it didn't have jump seats doesn't mean you knew that it didn't have the required hardware and anchors if you chose to add those seats. That is a distinct difference between the SE and SE7 models. Did you know that the floor anchors were missing? Did the dealer tell you this? Have you checked the floorboard?

If not I'd be chewing his *** out.

Quick Reply: New SE7 owner