Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New SE7 owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshman
Can someone post a photo of the rear a/c panels? I have to specify with or without rear a/c when I swap out for jump seats, just wanted to know what I am missing.
My picture in post 12 has the bottom of the rear a/c control panel visible. You can't see the switches, but there's a control panel up there that I don't see in your pictures.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Three Wheeling

Josh-
Aside from the jump seat issue, how do you like your SE(7) so far? I am looking for a '03-'04 SE and have driven 3 but have not found one that I want yet. Did you do an inspectioin before you bought it? Any issuses with it? I would love to know your thoughts.
Thanks,
Paul

Old 03-22-2012, 04:21 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Joshman
I love it. It is almost like I got two colors for the price of one.

Now, my interior is a very pale tan with black piping. I wouldn't say it is the Alpaca Beige, because the beige in post #12 above is a lot darker than what I have. Where I am looking, it shows only two other options, black or Tundra. But on another site Tundra looks like a gray color. Any ideas what color leather I might have?
This is the same as mine...I just call it Tan. And Mike is right...this is just an SE because your stowaway box is there on the right. The jump seats in mine are cute but I kinda wish I had the box instead...not a lot of storage space without it!

Old 03-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@pauldavidanthony,
I love it. One of my buddies has had 12 rovers, and he guided me through the purchase. This forum helped as well.
I would say to stay far away from 2003s, and to buy a 2004 for sure. The locking diff was a must have for me. Also, I have heard of 2003s having engines fail.
The carfax I pulled on this one showed dealer maintenance and no accidents, and the mileage was low.
I went back to the dealer I bought it from yesterday because there was a wheel sensor that they needed to replace (3 Amigos referenced a lot on this forum refers to the TC light, the hill descent light, and the ABS light, they were lit up, along with the BRAKE light). The sensor solved the lights and all is well.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Mudding

@Docrithim,
In my investigating, I think the PO (only been one before me) had the dealer swap out the jump seats before he took delivery. Must have really liked the truck, but didn't want the extra seats.
When I was back at my dealer yesterday, I looked more closely at an SE that has the jump seats, and I am feeling less of a pull to swap it out. When I sat in them in the back, all seemed okay until I used the head rests that fold down from the ceiling. They were at a weird angle that didn't match well with the angle of the seats. I felt like my head was being pushed forward. I was looking at an 00, so maybe there was an improvement by 04, but I doubt it. Either say, it would mostly be kids in the back any way, so it might not be a big deal. I took a lot of pictures, and will post separately on a new thread.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Drifting

The jump seats aren't all that comfortable, but if you needed to haul the extra people they are there to use.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Mudding
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Joshman, what we have (the lighter beige) is called Alpaca beige. It is listed right on my original window sticker.

I am in southeast PA if you decide you may want to swap out the seats someday. I did not even ask my wife yet if she thinks we should keep them, but if you think you might want to do something let me know.

I never even sat in one of the jumpseats, so I am not sure how the headrests angle in relation to the seats. You can kind of see it in my picture above, but the angle is difficult to discern.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Mudding

@catman,
I have looked at your post in two browsers and see no pictures, but you aren't the first person to say that they have posted pictures that I can seem to see.
What color is the plastic trim in your Rover? Do you have rear AC? Rear headphones?