Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie needs advice on OBD II codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GregE
Mike,

Thanks for joining in.

To answer your question, the truck is running fine. It idles good, accelerates good, no knocking, etc. The only thing to suggest that something is wrong is the service light.

I found through a Google search that the 0004 code means fuel volume regulator circuit high and the 1100 means MAF intermittent. Who knows if the source is legit.

I checked the air filter yesterday and it looked pretty clean. Maybe I should change it anyway. Is there a thread or "How to" that shows how to check for vacuum leaks? I have the RAVE CD but am still getting used to navigating through it.

Thanks,
Greg
Greg,
Did you ever get this solved? I have the 1100 and the 0004 codes.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
i suggest you do the 60k service to you truck found in the HOW TO section. if it is still throwing error codes i'm gonna say its your MAF sensor. you can't clean it, its super sensitive doesnt work. replace it with the Bosch MAF in the Land Rover box NOT an aftermarket one or a Bosch not in an LR box.
What? Why are we giving THIS advice? If the MAF ends up being "bad" or the culprit, what does it hurt to TRY cleaning it first? I've heard of several people having success, just clean it carefully and let it fully dry before putting back in and starting up. If it doesn't work, THEN spend the money.

However, I CAN verify that cleaning (improperly) a Rover MAF for no reason CAN kill it, so don't bother unless it's already the problem! lol

Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoIIBrandon
What? Why are we giving THIS advice? If the MAF ends up being "bad" or the culprit, what does it hurt to TRY cleaning it first? I've heard of several people having success, just clean it carefully and let it fully dry before putting back in and starting up. If it doesn't work, THEN spend the money.

However, I CAN verify that cleaning (improperly) a Rover MAF for no reason CAN kill it, so don't bother unless it's already the problem! lol
im not stopping anyone from trying. you clean it with sensor cleaner or urine for all i care. just sayin it wont work. it will just kill it quicker. youd be better off buying a vw maf and putting that in then you will trying to clean a stock d2 maf.