Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Luck Here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, like my Dad always said "Opinions are like ********, everybody has one"

Old 04-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Elbows, elbows...

Old 04-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Team Owner

What part of TC are you in?
My wife and I met in TC and she is from Kingsley.
Her family still lives in TC and Kingsley, we go there often.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Three Wheeling

I lived in Kingsley until second grade when my family moved to Traverse. I'm south of the GT Mall off of US 31 S going towards Chums Corners. If your wife is from Kingsley then she might recognize the name. I attend ITT Tech for 2 years in GR. Kinda miss the area but it has been 18 years since then although I go down for the occasional visit.

Last edited by Wolf; 04-04-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Team Owner

She used to work at Schmuckle Oil, she managed the Marathon on the corner of Airport Rd and Cass, I was a delivery driver and I drove from GR to TC once a week, I always hated Cherry Fest, all the damn Fudgie's and all getting in the way.
Driving up M-22 to Northport to deliver and the out of stater's driving slow and pointing to the West Bay, I could just imagine what they were saying, "look, water!!" like they've never seen a lake before.
Chums was one of my stops too.
Her sister lives out by the observatory.
I got to see Mars at the observatory many years ago, the last time it was close to earth, it was cool.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
Why does all the good stuff happen after I go to bed?

Cant we all just get along?
Your right Spike...I'm sorry Wolf...good luck with you.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Three Wheeling

I know the Marathon station your talking about, it has been closed for quite some time now. Don't get me started on Cherry Fest, what a mess. I usually spend my entire summer on the boat, I have a slip at Harbor West which is on M-22 at Cherry Bend Rd. Maybe the next time you get up this way we should get together a take the Rovers off road in Hoosier Valley (that is if she is staying cool). I knew I should have kept my 03 Disco, what a beast with every mod you could do. When you come up send me a email and we could exchange numbers and go wheelin.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolf:

"Me too, thats why I put straight antifreeze into the system. I was told it holds 4 gal but I only put 1 and 3/4 gal into the system after flushing. So I should be OK but if what I am hearing is correct then I will drain the system completely and refill with a 50/50 premix. I'll let everyone know as soon as I do this (probably tomorrow). Keeping my fingers crossed."

Hey Wolf...any luck? Did the pre-mix help with your over-heating?

Old 04-05-2011, 07:34 PM
Team Owner

Sounds good Wolf, we used to go to ******* and wheel there every summer, 4th of July weekend at the Air Gunnery Range, my mom had a cottage there, but she is getting the big "D" and I am loosing my fav wheelin' spot.
Never been to Hoosier Valley, been out raspberry picking in Cadillac though, deep deep in the woods.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Three Wheeling

Haven't done the flush and refill with 50/50 yet, found my overheating problem to be the new T-stat. If your really wondering if it's working, no need to pull and boil. Just run it till the temp creeps up above normal, pull over, shut down then grab the bottom hose from radiator to T-stat. If it's ice cold then the T-stat is not opening. Disco Mike and I had a good laugh about that today on the phone. Thanks for the call Disco Mike if your reading this, very nice to hear from you and Thank you, you confirmed my thoughts on what was going on. Gotta go, my wife is on my backside for being online, go figure!

Quick Reply: No Luck Here!