Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Parking or Tail Light 2003 Disco

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 06:42 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Parking or Tail Light 2003 Disco

Hi guys,
Been beating my head against the wall on this one. I have turn signal on Passenger side, brake light, but no parking or tail light. I have replaced the bulbs with no effect.
Is there a fuse or relay that operates these two lamps? The rear right fog lamp works, as well as the reverse lights. In the meantime I'm running the rear fogs to compensate for no right rear tail light.
I have checked the connectors, all are in clean condition. My trailer plug checks out okay, with no errors.
Thanks for your help, and ideas in advance.

Old 03-01-2020, 12:28 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same issue and it turned out to be the light switch on the steering wheel. Bought a new one and the problems never came back.

Old 03-01-2020, 10:11 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by scout13
I had the same issue and it turned out to be the light switch on the steering wheel. Bought a new one and the problems never came back.
Did your headlights fail, or just those two lamps? Everything on mine works with the exception of right parking lamp and tail light? I have a turn signal switch in a second 2001 Parts DII I can swap if needed.

Old 03-01-2020, 04:45 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyin4AWA
Did your headlights fail, or just those two lamps? Everything on mine works with the exception of right parking lamp and tail light? I have a turn signal switch in a second 2001 Parts DII I can swap if needed.
you know the funny thing is my headlight would fail but not always. It wouldn’t happen all the time. I tried cleaning the switch and sometimes it would work. But then it failed again. So I bit the bullet and bought a new oem switch and haven’t had any problems since.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:02 AM
Drifting

you know the funny thing is my headlight would fail but not always. It wouldn’t happen all the time. I tried cleaning the switch and sometimes it would work. But then it failed again. So I bit the bullet and bought a new oem switch and haven’t had any problems since.
i took the column apart, and was going to clean it, but decided to check the fuses one final time. I pulled F33, took it inside and looked at it with a lighted magnifying glass. I found an almost imperceptible break at the top corner. I rummaged around, found another 10 amp, installed, and wiggled the bulbs...lo and behold, lights! I adjusted the contacts, and everything functions fine now. Cancelled the AB Switch stem, on on to other things now. Thank you for the help and suggestions.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:07 AM
Drifting

i took the column apart, and was going to clean it, but decided to check the fuses one final time. I pulled F33, took it inside and looked at it with a lighted magnifying glass. I found an almost imperceptible break at the top corner. I rummaged around, found another 10 amp, installed, and wiggled the bulbs...lo and behold, lights! I adjusted the contacts, and everything functions fine now. Oddly enough, they say F33 is for the rafdio as well, but it never quit? Cancelled the AB Switch stem, on on to other things now. Thank you for the help and suggestions.