Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Power at Radio Amplifier...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 05:49 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confirming relay issue...

Had a major sound blowout on my 97 D1 (think it was a clusterf*** wiring job and resulting short on an aftermarket subwoofer amplifier from previous owner that I subsequently rewired). Blew most of the standard fuses but still no sound, radio appeared fine (could change stations, etc.). I checked the relay described (behind the glove box, toward the top, left most one, was yellow) and confirmed it was not working (used a voltmeter, 12V at one side, nothing on the other after start vehicle and turn on radio, there is a circuit drawing on the case of the relay). Replaced relay and sound is back. I had first pulled the cable from the power amplifier and confirmed no power there at the purple/green wire when start vehicle and turn on radio. Also FYI, I have had the 7.5A fuse on the power amplifier go out twice, always carry spares. Dont need to remove glove box, there are spring releases on either side of the door that let the door rotate all the way down; compress the springs with each hand until the bar goes into the slot in the door. Highly recommend RAVE manual. FYI, used power amplifiers on ebay and amazon in the $10-25 range, found new one for $100 (buy 2 used ones if you think it is the amplifier).

Old 11-07-2019, 06:28 PM
1st Gear

Question, on the amp, I have a light coming through the fiber optic TO the amp...However, the amp doesn't have a light oh in the fiber optic plug area its self.

I am looking at this because my radio doesn't work...my assumption is that the amp is out.

There was water on the floor boards due to the AC drain plug being stopped up, I blew that out, dried the floor, checked the wires, theyre all solid.

My fuses and relays are good.

I would appreciate any input from here.

Old 03-25-2020, 01:03 PM
Default I have same problem and can’t find this

Originally Posted by brian4d
All 11 of my radio speakers are poping cuting in/out. I have a 2002 Series II. I tried to locate the relay in the glove box and can't seem to find it. Does the series II have a relay? Anything else I could check?
I got same problem can’t find it