Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No start issue - cracking n spark but alarm code?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,508 Likes on 1,068 Posts

There are spacers that go on the studs behind the cps, lots of people put the spacers on before the sensor and it spaces the sensor out too far to work.

Old 05-20-2024, 08:43 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Extinct
There are spacers that go on the studs behind the cps, lots of people put the spacers on before the sensor and it spaces the sensor out too far to work.
interesting maybe I’ll double check that while I am waiting for my ignition part. Thanks!

Old 05-22-2024, 08:03 PM
Drifting

I pulled the cover off and there are two large spacers to get the cover away from it, which I have after the sensor to space the cover away from it. Is there more spacers? Is there some other ones… I didn’t pull the sensor out yet. Was just checking it quick. But I do have two large spacers after the sensor if that is what you were talking about?

Old 05-23-2024, 10:25 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Turbo Arbitrageur
I pulled the cover off and there are two large spacers to get the cover away from it, which I have after the sensor to space the cover away from it. Is there more spacers? Is there some other ones… I didn’t pull the sensor out yet. Was just checking it quick. But I do have two large spacers after the sensor if that is what you were talking about?
Sounds like it is installed correctly, you said you changed it?

Old 05-27-2024, 08:46 AM
Drifting

I just finished swapping the old CPS back in just to troubleshoot. Still no start and I have recurring Idle Air Control code...could a bad solenoid cause a no start?

Last edited by Turbo Arbitrageur; 05-27-2024 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-27-2024, 04:46 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Turbo Arbitrageur
I just finished swapping the old CPS back in just to troubleshoot. Still no start and I have recurring Idle Air Control code...could a bad solenoid cause a no start?
No, that won't do it. Suggest you check to make sure fuel pump is running, maybe check fuel pressure at schrader valve on manifold.

Old 05-27-2024, 06:17 PM
Drifting

No, that won't do it. Suggest you check to make sure fuel pump is running, maybe check fuel pressure at schrader valve on manifold.
thanks…didn’t think it would cause a no start. Ordered a couple coil packs. I’ll check fuel situation also. I can smell fuel. Cracking well, I think has fuel pump is working… so guessing something wrong with the sparking?

Old 05-28-2024, 11:09 PM
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar no start condition with wrong immobilizer code error. It resolved by disconnecting the battery overnight and the ECM synced with the BCM again.

Old 06-02-2024, 04:29 PM
Drifting

Ripped my intake off to install new coilpcks and check wires. What is this silver L pipe with threaded end for? I believe just ripped the intake off and noticed nothing hooked on to that. Seems suspect?

Old 06-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 230 Likes on 199 Posts

Look in the end with a mirror. Tell us what you see.

Quick Reply: No start issue - cracking n spark but alarm code?