Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noticed this while the console is out

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Noticed this while the console is out

Since I have everything apart while I replace my cdl shifter, I noticed that the wiring harness that goes in beneath the main gear selector has a pink and black wire that were cut and covered up with tape. I'm wondering if this goes to the brake interlock? I don't need to have the key in the "on" position or have my foot on the brake to move the gear selector out of park. It still has to be in neutral or park to start it though. What do you guys think? Hook it up and see what happens or just leave it alone?

Eric

Old 12-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Noticed this while the console is out

i dont have to engage the foot brake or turn on the key to move my gear selector either... dont know about any cut wires under the console though...

Old 12-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Winching

Well, I've got time before my shifter lever comes in. Maybe I'll investigate. You should see the blower motor... the relay is gone and it's wired right to the fuse panel. Whoever the previous owner had a "mechanic" obviously doesn't know anything about rovers... or cars in general.

Eric

Old 12-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Eric,
Safe to say the other owner had a whole different approach to repairs

Old 12-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Winching

Mike,
Given the fact that my Disco was not taken care of, I think I will spend my new years day (weather permiting) going thru it with your 60k service list. The air filter looked like a rats nest, the plugs and wires and fuel filter never changed. I replaced them but the tranny fluid/filter has never been done either. Do you think I should get a tranny flush done? No, I don't mean something like Jiffy Lube, I lost a trans because of their so called "flush". It still shifts perfect and the engine runs terrific. Doesn't smoke, no leaks anywhere!!! (knock on wood) I've already put $400 into it like door latches, handles, switches, relays, etc. Don't really mind because I only paid $1400 and it passed inspection so I think I did alright.

Eric