Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBDII Code P1590

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBDII Code P1590

Hi. Anybody know what this code is? Don't have a Hawkeye and the ISO codes only go up to 850 or so, so this is an LR special. I also have a 336 which is a bad cps, which I'm replacing.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Look at page 355 in the workshop manual. You can also search your copy of the RAVE shop manual for "1590" using your pdf reader program. SLABS is sending an error code to the ECU, but hardware is OK.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:30 AM
Overlanding

Thanks. My Cruise Control isn't working and I was hoping for wheel sensor info. I don't have an abs light, so it isn't 3 Amigos. Looks like it could be a wheel sensor, but the language is ambiguous.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TTtheBear
Thanks. My Cruise Control isn't working and I was hoping for wheel sensor info. I don't have an abs light, so it isn't 3 Amigos. Looks like it could be a wheel sensor, but the language is ambiguous.

A quick thing to check on your cruise control are the vacuum lines. They commonly crack or wiggle loose. I've fixed mine a few times.

In the engine bay just above the passenger wheel, you will see the cruise control diaphragm. Check to see that the rubber hoses are connected and free from cracks. On mine, the tip of the hose had cracked. I snipped 1/2" or so off the end and pushed it back on. Worked perfect.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

I had the same problem the heat under the hood just dries the vacuum lines out.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Your cruise control problem is not caused by a wheel sensor, the most common problem with them is a vacuum leak at one of the 3 hoses.
1590 is an ABS/Rough road fault code for your 3 amigos.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:10 PM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

For all your codes and more

http://enginecodemaster.com

Engine Code: P1590

Land Rover Engine Code: P1590 = ABS rough road signal circuit malfunction Hardware is OK, but SLABS ECU is sending an error signal. DTC P1590-P1592: ABS - ROUGH ROAD SIGNAL CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION Description When the vehicle travels across rough terrain, or on rough roads the ECM could falsely interpret suspension vibrations as a misfire and invoke engine misfire protocols and/or set a false DTC. The Self-Leveling and Anti-Lock Brake System (SLABS) ECU sends a rough road PWM signal to the ECM. Based on this rough road PWM signal, the ECM can suspend misfire detection for as long as the vehicle is travelling on a rough road. Rough road signal input is measured at ECM 40-pin connector C0637 terminal No. 34 (Red/Green wire on Discovery; Yellow/Pink wire on Range Rover). The SLABS ECU rough road PWM signal varies in accordance with changing road conditions. The rough road PWM signal operates at a frequency of 2.10-2.56 Hz. ECM rough road control is based on specific changes to the PWM signal. If there is a rough road PWM signal failure the Hill Descent Control/Anti-Lock Braking System (HDC/ABS) warning light may be illuminated. Diagnostic Aids The rough road PWM signal can fail in the following ways: Harness or connector damage. SLABS wheel speed sensor failure. If there is a rough road signal malfunction, the following DTCs may be set: If DTC P1590 is set, there is an ABS rough road signal circuit malfunction. Hardware is okay, but the SLABS ECU is sending an error signal. If DTC P1591 is set, there is a low ABS rough road signal circuit. Signal from SLABS ECU is shorted to ground. If DTC P1592 is set, there is a high ABS rough road signal circuit. Signal from SLABS ECU shorted circuit to battery voltage. Diagnosis & Repair When ignition is turned on and during vehicle operation, ECM checks rough road signal circuits. If expected signal is not seen, ECM will store a DTC. Using an oscilloscope or Snap-On(R) PAC ensure SLABS ECU PWM signal indications are consistent with road conditions. See ROUGH ROAD PWM SIGNAL INDICATIONS table. If PWM signal is not as specified, check circuits for opens or shorts. Check for poor power and ground connections and/or loose wires at ECM. See WIRING DIAGRAMS article. Ensure ABS wheel speed sensors are operating properly. Repair as necessary. When DTC P1590-P1592 repairs are completed, perform REPAIR CONFIRMATION DRIVE CYCLE "A" .

Click to Process more Land Rover Engine Codes here

Old 04-10-2013, 07:03 AM
Overlanding

Thanks all. I'll check vacuum lines. Had a similar problem on my Disco I which was vacuum. I got sidetracked by wheel sensors.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Make sure you check the vacuum line up at the switch above the brake switch, it can also leak.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:05 PM
4wd Low

Awesome just got same code!! Thanks everyone for the info thought I might have to dig!

Quick Reply: OBDII Code P1590