Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBDII ELM327 Blue tooth scanner

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 01:05 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fallstaff
How did you get dashcommand for 15? $49.95 at the app store. And although I can find Roqy on the web, the only thing at the app store is something strange in arabic.
What am I missing here?
The OBD2 interface (ELM) was $15.

You need to jailbreak your iPhone to unlock the Bluetooth licencing restrictions.

RoqyBT uses the unlocked BT functionality to communicate with devices like the ELM, Kiwi, etc....

You will need to jailbreak your phone and use cydia to locate RoqyBT and RoqyOBD. Install both of those and download Dashcommand.

THESE INTERFACES WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT YOUR iPhone BEING JAILBROKEN.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I may break down and get the $42 wi-fi one, or cheap out with a wired usb version. Just don't like throwing good money after bad.
Too bad I can't get anything out of the bluetooth one, it seemed so perfect. I'll try again later, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
At that price, you are almost to the UltraGauge, $60.95 after $9 discount. I bought the UltraGauge, and will not go back to the ELM, at least in my Rover. LOVE the UltraGauge. Always on, and Always connected. No bluetooth to worry about, No software to worry about, etc...

Also have plugged it into my wife's VW New Beetle and works fine there too.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my elm dongle off ebay for under $10a shipped from hong kong. Received it in about 2 weeks. I use torque pro, its worth the extra few dollars

Old 03-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Winching
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Well finally tried out my new USB version today: still no connect.
Has anyone had any luck with these things on a new mac? I just can't get Movi to "see" the damn things.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Pro Wrench

Well finally tried out my new USB version today: still no connect.
Has anyone had any luck with these things on a new mac? I just can't get Movi to "see" the damn things.
Did you "Pair" it with your Mac before opening Movi? It must be paired to the PC first.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Winching
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSport
Did you "Pair" it with your Mac before opening Movi? It must be paired to the PC first.
Yah. Tried pairing with the bluetooth version. I thought that was part of the problem so that's why I got the USB one. Figured it would be so much easier without the complication of bluetooth.

I've been told I need to use "pyODB", but that seems to mean learning how to program in Python, so I'm out.

I think I just need to find a garbage old PC. Making this work on a mac seems to be the impossible dream.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Pro Wrench

Yah. Tried pairing with the bluetooth version. I thought that was part of the problem so that's why I got the USB one. Figured it would be so much easier without the complication of bluetooth.

I've been told I need to use "pyODB", but that seems to mean learning how to program in Python, so I'm out.

I think I just need to find a garbage old PC. Making this work on a mac seems to be the impossible dream.
What about trying Mac Parallels, or a VirtualBox Virtual Machine and run Windows apps?

And, of course, there's always the Android option if you can get your hands on one. I'd suggest that over an Old PC. The android version of Torque is really quite nice! And, an old Android phone would run around $50 or so? Although, if you spend that much, you might as well move up to the UltraGauge for another $20.

Last edited by SuperSport; 03-25-2013 at 10:25 AM.