Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Offroad Disco Exhaust? Y Pipe with no Cats?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 10:35 AM
jmt
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Offroad Disco Exhaust? Y Pipe with no Cats?

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

Just leave the truck alone and go play.
Couldn't have said it better.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Camdisco24

A few posts up you will see I decide not to do it
WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! THANK GOODNESS! Sorry i was in the middle of typing it when you posted that! Good decision you will be happy with.
Yeah..lol..I think I need to go sell a kidney to replace the entire exhaust [sm=smiley19.gif] But it will done and done right

Old 02-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y-1Y0RnX7tU&feature=user

just in case you were wondering...

Old 02-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. Where exactly is the resonator now? I wanna get that taken care of

Old 02-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Mudding

That sounds great! Is that your Rover?

Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks. Yeah, she's all mine. I saved her from impending doom. The guy wanted $4k for her and I got it for $2K. He needed rent $$ and she was rough. The outside was almost grey and there was no headliner (just metal).

Make sure and turn the tailpipe down. I have heard from a couple of people about heating the rear bumper and the lights falling out...

to the poster before you, the resonator is the muffler looking thing at the back of the truck.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DuplinDisco
My problem wasn't what you said, it was the way you said it. I'm thick skinned but I like to get on these forums as a get away and avoid getting into e-arguments as much as possible.

[/quote]

You know what, you're right. I re-read myself and it sounds like I'm calling you stupid and I appologize for it. I meant to say that the brainstorming in itself was stupid. Not you. Well, you if you would have gone on with it, but.... I come here to play andrelax also. As long as we play smart.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Mudding

ORIGINAL: Darover

ORIGINAL: DuplinDisco
My problem wasn't what you said, it was the way you said it. I'm thick skinned but I like to get on these forums as a get away and avoid getting into e-arguments as much as possible.
You know what, you're right. I re-read myself and it sounds like I'm calling you stupid and I appologize for it. I meant to say that the brainstorming in itself was stupid. Not you. Well, you if you would have gone on with it, but.... I come here to play andrelax also. As long as we play smart.
[/quote]
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 08-10-2019, 09:26 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

Anyone had good luck with any particular test pipes or high flow cats? I see a bunch of silly stuff on here that about needing back-pressure in engines still and about the environment concerns which is minor compared to how much cattle pollute but whatever. I'd of course by using a the $4 dollar method of tricking my 02 sensors to match the right signals for proper running conditions. Don't need the thing going into limp mode or running rich, that negates all the benefits.

Looking for a small mileage increase where possible but a nice sounding off-road machine would be ok. I'd leave the mufflers in play.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 05TurboS2K; 08-10-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:46 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2K
Anyone had good luck with any particular test pipes or high flow cats? I see a bunch of silly stuff on here that about needing back-pressure in engines still and about the environment concerns which is minor compared to how much cattle pollute but whatever. I'd of course by using a the $4 dollar method of tricking my 02 sensors to match the right signals for proper running conditions. Don't need the thing going into limp mode or running rich, that negates all the benefits.

Looking for a small mileage increase where possible but a nice sounding off-road machine would be ok. I'd leave the mufflers in play.

Thanks in advance.
The PO had the cats removed on my 04 and I really haven't noticed much. I'm running about 14mpg when it's running good. Lol. I had some O2 problems when I first got it. Replaced all 4 and that's all good, no error codes. Then I changed plugs and wires but now getting misfire on 1 & 6, which I believe is a coil, just haven't had time to replace them. But as far as no cats, haven't noticed anything not having them has caused. But who knows, maybe that's what's causing all my problems. Haha

Quick Reply: Offroad Disco Exhaust? Y Pipe with no Cats?