Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Leak from Pressure Relief Valve in New GPR Engine

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:49 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As has already been said, if it is under warranty, stop messing with it and get it fixed by the people that issued the warranty. If you still insist on looking at it, it looks like a plug and a snap ring. Did you check to make sure it's seated fully before you go and start messing with it. The ring could just not be set all the way causing a leak. If it is pull it out and take a peek at it.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:23 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is under warranty. Mike is footing the bill to have it fixed by the local shop that installed it for me. He says it is "a quick 5-10min fix." He just doesn't seem to have encountered this issue before so I want to see if anyone out there does have experience with it before I find myself further down the rabbit hole. He had to check with his builder to see what to do. After consulting him, Mike's words to me were "I know it wouldn't be the scientific way to do it but if they remove the snap ring and bump the engine over it should blow the cap right out." His other suggestion was to just cover the cap in silicon to seal it. I don't like that idea given the fact that I just forked out a **** load of $ for a new engine, no way I would want to seal/disable the oil pressure relief valve...

To answer your question DROWSAP, I just really want to know if anyone has experience repairing the oil pressure relief valve for piece of mind since I have not been given a single solid solution yet.