Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil-pressure gauge placement

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Oil-pressure gauge placement

OK... so here's what I've come up with:

It's clean to do it this way, but it renders the almost useless factory temp gauge completely useless. It doesn't interfere with any other gauges or warning lights though, and I'm going to mount a ScanGauge on top of the steering column. It's held securely in place with a single nylon zip-tie that is completely invisible.

I don't LOVE it, but there is no ideal place to mount gauges in a Disco! Until someone comes up with a better solution, this is going to have to do I guess.

I have another idea for mounting a gauge inside the A/C vent to the left of the radio; I may experiment with that and see what I can create. I've seen it done in Mustangs, BMW, VW, etc and it looks good without interfering too much with airflow. What's the worst that can happen? I ruin an A/C vent? I figure I can find a replacement in the $10 range!

Thoughts?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Here is the way I mounted my gauge pod. I opted for the single A-Pillar pod mount(AutoZone). I painted the whole thing black and it all blend in nicley. I dont think it looks to much like "Fast & the Furious", but it's what ever you feel looks the most factory. I used spray on Rustoleum truck bed liner, that has nice texture to it that matches the dashboard. Both columns are painted black

https://landroverforums.com/forum/sh...t=33978&page=2

Old 02-17-2011, 06:37 AM
Banned

One of these stuck to the left of the gauge binnacle
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Unive...wivel-Pod.aspx

Old 02-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've mounted my Oil pressure and coolent temp gauge in the area just in front and above of the CDL shift lever. The void is a perfect place to install these and still retain the use of the original gauge even though it is worthless. I have found out that if you do want to use the CDL you will have to unscrew the handle on the CDL shaft to make the shift. I'm going to fab a new shift **** that will correct this issue even though I don't use the CDL very often.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Winching

Yeah, that would be a pretty good place were it not for that fact it renders the CDL linkage unaccessible. For me, that would be a real problem.

I've a few ideas I'm bouncing around, I'll post back with whatever I come up with.