Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OME Lift Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 12:53 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bosshogt
Dude that looks great. I like the spare tire on your roof rack. Might kill some MPGs but makes you look serious! Time to black out those lug nuts with the bosshogt special. The sidewalls on the Duratracks look nice and aggressive.
I like the tire up top to, but yes MPG's will get even worse then the already are, so I'll be flipping my tire carrier on the back gate so that it fits there.

Man, I'd love a set of those, but my wife put me on "spending probation" after the lift, tires and steering stabilizer

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
bout time man!

enjoy it
Yeah no kidding I've drove it home from work the day the tires got put on and I haven't touched it since. Might make a run out to Tinkham Rd this weekend to give them a go

Old 03-10-2011, 03:26 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
I like the tire up top to, but yes MPG's will get even worse then the already are, so I'll be flipping my tire carrier on the back gate so that it fits there.

Man, I'd love a set of those, but my wife put me on "spending probation" after the lift, tires and steering stabilizer

Yeah no kidding I've drove it home from work the day the tires got put on and I haven't touched it since. Might make a run out to Tinkham Rd this weekend to give them a go
was thinking of heading out that way also. be sure to check trail reports if you can. if the snow is too deep dont bother. you will get there and not be able to get very far up the trails.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:13 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
was thinking of heading out that way also. be sure to check trail reports if you can. if the snow is too deep dont bother. you will get there and not be able to get very far up the trails.
Where do you check trail reports? That would be handy.

When we went up in early Feb, we were plowing snow with the front diff, it was a little interesting to say the least with stock tires, saggy suspension and no CDL, the TC held it's own, I was very impressed. Saw a few people up there, couple jacked up Cherokees, couple jacked up Toyota's, saw one other Rover in the lower elevations, but he just stared at us when waved...what a dick

Kind of hard to tell from the picture, but inside the ruts it was pretty deep and that was before we got hammered by Mr. Winter, a couple weeks ago so I'd bet there's more up there now.
IMG_3951.jpg?t=1299795122

Old 03-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man, not to many people wave out here i have noticed.i guess its the difference between some city folks and country folks.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:46 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by echomike
man, not to many people wave out here i have noticed.i guess its the difference between some city folks and country folks.
That's the truth, I think it's just Seattle folk. I moved out here from Tennessee 4 years ago after I finished school and it's amazing the difference. Even our neighbors don't wave to us, much less fellow Rover owners.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Three Wheeling

as an experiment i waved the whole drive from houston up here, and the desert seems to be what keeps the as shole non-wavers out of the south . . . no one waved all through california except in a small town on the lost coast called trinidad.

its incredible to me people can look another human in the eye without acknowledging them back if they wave. Don't even dare wave at a woman . . . the finger comes back.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Three Wheeling

but people seem friendly enough outside their vehicles . . . mostly. the delivery man left a package out in the rain the day before, and yesterday just rang the doorbell and left, then again today.

wth? everywhere else i've lived the delivery men were polite enough to wait and see if you would answer if cars were in the drive.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:15 PM
TReK

Yeah, def depends on your delivery guy, most around here seem to be the drop, ring and go method.

On another note : I've got rubbing on full lock with my 265's. I've got a Saudi bumper so it's probably a little different than most, but I guess I'll have to remove some of the wheel well plastic to keep it from catching on tight turns.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Three Wheeling

hmmm, you sure its not rubbing on the radius arms? thats where mine rub . . . i'm going to be getting some spacers soon (CHEAP ON EBAY!)

Old 03-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Rock Crawling

Way to butch it up! I did the 2 inch and duratracs and life is sweet! I love the yellow, well done. Again, I used Lucky 8 and the videos and this is very a idiot able job (speaking for myself here of course).

Quick Reply: OME Lift Installed!