Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only drivers door will unlock

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 03:07 PM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ah

Originally Posted by AKJOHN62
The likely issue is the unlock relay on the idm fuse panel. This was my problem. Discovery 2004.

I recommend that you get a copy of electrical schematic. Pull idm fuse panel and connectors. Manually jumper door controls to unlock. This will remove superlock. At least at this point, you can unlock doors from inside. I also snipped wire that enables superlock. I don't need it and I don't want this problem again.

There are a few threads with solutions. They are not easy. Land rover did not design these with a replaceable relay. They are soldered onto a double back board assembly. And the parts are discontinued with no direct replacement.

Buy a new fuse panel or a used on Ebay or other 2nd hand source.

One solution is to disassemble fuse panel and solder wires for external fuse assembly. This involves sawing or cutting multiple bridge pins between sandwiched circuit boards and then rebuilding this crazy setup in order to get to the backside of the board. I don't recommend this unless you are handy with a soldering iron and electronic schematics.
failed to mention super lock (not to familiarize with it ) is not preventing me from manually opening the doors from the inside. The only way I can open the doors when locked is from the inside (including the trunk) at times it sounds like one of the back doors is responding to lock or unlock but not enough to even move the tab other doors I don’t notice anything.

Old 06-26-2022, 05:57 PM
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In my case, the central lock (and unlock) was the issue. Yours may be a door mechanism. Glad to hear you don't have it jammed in superlock.

If you are hearing a click or other sound at the doors when you try to unlock, then I would guess the central system is sending a signal.

Old 06-26-2022, 06:38 PM
Overlanding

In my case, the central lock (and unlock) was the issue. Yours may be a door mechanism. Glad to hear you don't have it jammed in superlock.

If you are hearing a click or other sound at the doors when you try to unlock, then I would guess the central system is sending a signal.
yeah I’m stumped.. maybe it’s the same issue you had just abit different... Door mechanisms like motors or broken gears I just can’t see being 3 different doors and the back all at the same time .. more likely something that ties them all together without the driver door.

Old 06-26-2022, 07:59 PM
4wd Low
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The drivers door has a separate relay and the others are ganged together. I guess they intended the drivers door to have a separate function at the door.
if the other doors started having trouble at the same time, then I am suspicious based on my previous experience.

Old 06-26-2022, 08:11 PM
Overlanding

The drivers door has a separate relay and the others are ganged together. I guess they intended the drivers door to have a separate function at the door.
if the other doors started having trouble at the same time, then I am suspicious based on my previous experience.
yes as far as I know they all stooped responding at the same time. It’s currently at the shop for an oil leak I didn’t want to dive into. They are charging me for an “electrical evaluation” but so far seem stumped they said possibly a bad ecu but I’m thinking that’s their go to for “we don’t know” because they do t fix or order those.. the main electrical guy is supposed to look on Monday but who knows. So far ac doesn’t work, stereo doesn’t work, doors don’t work AND blinkers on the back don’t work (but that could be bulbs I didn’t notice that til I was driving it to the shop but again both back sides don’t work so seems more like to be electrical (to me who’s not mechanically gifted anyways )