Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OWNER! 2004 Discovery Westminster Edition WIN!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 05:40 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Those holes are heater ducts and access panels for working of things.

Here is a word of caution, we have had several people who have bought LR remotes off of e-bay and they could not be programmed because the bar code was missing.
There is a bar code inside the remote and that is the code that the dealer uses to tell the trucks BCU (body control unit) what security code to use.
On a DII only the dealer can program the remote, nobody else can, ONLY the dealer.
Now if you had a DI like me then you can program it, but not on a DII.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't be too concerned about your leaking. Rovers are prone to leaking, that's just how it works. Just keep an eye on all of your fluid levels, and if you notice something leaking quicker than you're comfortable with it just give a shout on the forum.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would get under your truck and measure the length of the driveshaft from tranny to transfercase. It doesnt take long and it will save you the stress of wondering if it will fit right when you recieve it.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AK Rover
Everyone take note. This is how a thread about a new Disco should be. Pictures are included.

Very nice looking truck. I love that color. That's the color I want when I get my next LR. I've never seen those wheels before and still undecided whether I like them or not but have to give them points for uniqueness.
I thank you!

Originally Posted by Spike555
Those holes are heater ducts and access panels for working of things.
GOT IT!

Originally Posted by Spike555
There is a bar code inside the remote and that is the code that the dealer uses to tell the trucks BCU (body control unit) what security code to use.
Spike, you are absolutely right once again! I will definitely have the dealer get the new set of keys.

Originally Posted by hazletbassist89
Just keep an eye on all of your fluid levels, and if you notice something leaking quicker than you're comfortable with it just give a shout on the forum.
Will do.

Originally Posted by salve7
I would get under your truck and measure the length of the driveshaft from tranny to transfercase. It doesnt take long and it will save you the stress of wondering if it will fit right when you recieve it.
Yes, I will do that to be safe.

--------

I just want to personally thank everyone of you. You guys are an asset to the forum!

Old 06-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HeHe - he said "ASSet....."

Old 06-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by gilder
HEHEHE....giggle giggle

Old 06-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Those "access holes" look to me like a custom speaker enclosure, minus the speakers. I don't have a 2004, so I might be wrong.

As for the wobble, does your disco have ACE (Active Cornering Enhancement)? If it does, and your fluid is low, it will wobble. If you don't know if you have it, look under the hood on the driver's side fender for the beige power steering reservoir. If it has two filler caps on top, you have ACE, one filler cap and you don't.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gilder
Oh please you guys

Originally Posted by PalmettoDisco
If you don't know if you have it, look under the hood on the driver's side fender for the beige power steering reservoir. If it has two filler caps on top, you have ACE, one filler cap and you don't.
There is no ACE, just the power steering reservoir. What trim level does ACE comes standard? HSE?

So what else might cause the wobble other than tire pressure....?

Old 06-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

You probably have looked already, but look closely at the swaybar and the endlinks, for starters.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ACE was a $2500 option. No special trim group.. at leaast not in 2000

And I guess I have to leave now.. since I did my 60k (at 115k) service, my Disco no longer leaks...

And I would KILL to get that ebony leather and ebony wood interior for my Disco, that is what I really love about the Westminster editions.... of course I would like it if my Disco was black also on the outside, nice truck you have, especilly once you get the kinks worked out.

Quick Reply: OWNER! 2004 Discovery Westminster Edition WIN!