Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0102 & P1884 code

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go to BP of Utah's website (address in Mikes signature line) and look at their picture of a MAF for a D2 it shows Bosch on the side of the MAF and it's sitting next to a Bosch box. Since Bosch designed the engine management system it would seem to be the correct MAF. The OE one comes in a LR box but it says Bosch on the barrel. That is a good price at BP though (about the cheapest I've seen). But like I said, I'd do some more tests if it was mine but it's not so the choice is up to you. I think it will probably cure the problem but I never say "this will fix your problem" with 100% certainty on anything I haven't personally diagnosed.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:09 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I did clean the sensor and had the codes cleared and they reappeard after about 5 mins. I guess I will try the new sensor and yes it is cheaper than the one at my local LAND Rover dealership. Thanks again for everyones help, after I get the sensor, install it, and clear the codes I will reply back and let you know if it fixed the problem..

Old 07-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Rock Crawling

Does leaving the battery disconnected 24 hours clear everything or has LR found away around that cheap trick?

Old 07-14-2012, 07:12 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

"NEVER" disconnect the battery just to clear codes, it doesn't work and only errases the adaptive memory of some of the ECU that then must be relearned over time.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Winching

And worst of all...................you have to reset your radio presets.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:13 AM
8th Gear

Thanks again, I have the sensor on order. I now have a new issue, when I run my AC water drips from the passenger side of the center console and under dash to the floor mat. I smelled the liquid and it doesnt smell like anti freeze and it seems to be hot water. Any suggestions on what is causing this? It seems to only happen when I have the AC on.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by travispeterson1974
Thanks again, I have the sensor on order. I now have a new issue, when I run my AC water drips from the passenger side of the center console and under dash to the floor mat. I smelled the liquid and it doesnt smell like anti freeze and it seems to be hot water. Any suggestions on what is causing this? It seems to only happen when I have the AC on.
Part of the function of the AC is to dehumidify the air inside the vehicle so water is normal, what's not normal is it's not supposed to leak inside the vehicle. More than likely your drain is plugged, crawl underneath the truck and look up between the trans and the body (I think it's on the passenger side but it could be the other side or maybe there are drains on both sides I can't remember) you will see a rubber tube hanging down, reach up and squeeze the tube around in your fingers, if you get a shower of water running down your arm you've cleared the drain. If that doesn't happen, go inside the vehicle and stick your head in the footwell, you should be able to pull back the front part of the center console where it goes under the dash and look back and see if the hoses are still connected to the evaporator housing. If you have RAVE, there is a picture of where the hose connects on page 1182. The reason I suspect the hose being plugged is that I used to clear them quite often when working at the dealer, what happens is the drain plugs up and water builds up until it gets high enough to leak out the floor heater vents. But I've also seen occasions where the hose has come off. Have fun.

Last edited by Bkreutz; 07-16-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:10 AM
7th Gear
Default Sorry to jump on THIS post...

I have had a spectacular last 3 weeks with my 2000 disco II... Started running rough and misfiring/backfiring 3 weeks ago. I replaced the plugs and wires. Ran a little better. Then started getting codes that pointed to the MAF being bad (gear 3 ratio, etc, etc, etc). So last week I bought a new (used) MAFwith a warranty. AGAIN, this made things SLIGHTLY better. It had been running rough again this week (almost dying at times), so I bought and installed a new crank pos sensor last night. Ran VERY good after I installed and cleared the codes. Woke up this morning and it started kind of hard (had to turn it over 3 times, died the first 2?). As soon as it started the SES light was on... Hooked up the scanner and I get P1590 (has been on there since I bought it in March, bottom of list), P0102 & P1884... Could my "new" sensor really have gone bad already? It's also backifirng through the intake periodically... Am I chasing my tail here...? I should also mention that I had the 02 sensor codes PRIOR to changing the MAF, they have not re-appeared since. I should also mention that I have a 99' RR HSE, so I am fairly used to rovers and their problems, and have done all the work on that one... I am going nuts here!