Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p38 seats in disco?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 04:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Default p38 seats in disco?

i came across this concept by accident but after seeing the results in d1's it looked like an awesome way to improve disco 2 comfort.

So has anyone done it or seen it done? replacing the factory front and rear seats with p38 units?

In the D1's it looks like a very strait forward swap on the front seats, very little mechanical fab work needed. but i cant get a definitive answer on the rear seats, and almost no info on a D2 in general.

personally im not super impressed with the leather quality of the factory seats (although i do love the color scheme) and the p38 seats look far more plush a luxurious. so better material and comfort would be a great addition for a vehicle that gets used for daily driving as well as loooong trips.

if there were more salvage p38's in the area to facilitate a nice color selection i would probably just wing it myself but if i have to buy a set of seats from ebay or travel a few states over i would prefer to know exactly what it takes to make them fit.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:30 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Isnt p38 is wider body? If yes, the front could be fitted but not the rear. I think if you get lucky you can get some in good condition but they are almost beat as the ones in disco. You can always fit most seats as you want just keep the original rails.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Yeah I've fit several seats across platforms and manufacturers but some were stupid lucky / simple installs. Some were more or less a complete fab job that resulted in a factory cushion and cover from one seat on what was essentially a one-off frame lol.

I finally found an ooold thread (that only got one response) where the guy somewhat described his swap. The fronts were relatively simple. Small tweaking to the RR seat frame. And a little wiring.

The rears looked like they needed significant chop and fab work. They fit, but the brackets had to be Frankensteined.
Someone else suggested having the rear covers from the RR fitted to the Disco rear seat frame by an upholstery shop. That seemed like the way to go.