Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power seats both not working...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 07:43 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the same problem, there are three fuses under the seat replace them and that is it remember if the fuses are blown is because there is another electrical problem around. Maybe a short circuit of some kind.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:23 PM
5th Gear

You saved the day. I was having the same issue with my just purchased Discovery, and changing the cig fuse made both seats operational.
Thanks.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:47 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to bring the thread back from the dead, but my power seats arent working. Its a 2001 se7, my cig lighter works, and the radio is good too. Ive checked the fuses under both seats, and the fuse under the dash. F15A I believe. Still nothing. Any other suggestions?

Old 08-13-2015, 07:55 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarahcake
Sorry to bring the thread back from the dead, but my power seats arent working. Its a 2001 se7, my cig lighter works, and the radio is good too. Ive checked the fuses under both seats, and the fuse under the dash. F15A I believe. Still nothing. Any other suggestions?
If t fuses are good you can pull the switches OUT and probe them for power. If they have power it is your switches. But it would be odd for both to go out.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:18 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Charlie_V
If t fuses are good you can pull the switches OUT and probe them for power. If they have power it is your switches. But it would be odd for both to go out.
I don't have anything to probe them with, but I did pull the switches and clean them. When I push the switch, I can hear the relays clicking. Which makes me think its the BCU. I have no idea how long they have been broken. I don't know if it matters, but my power seats don't work either. Ive checked all the fuses. Under thr dash and hood. Ugh! I just want to move my seats back, and use my windows6

Old 08-13-2015, 11:28 PM
Camel Trophy

I don't have anything to probe them with, but I did pull the switches and clean them. When I push the switch, I can hear the relays clicking. Which makes me think its the BCU. I have no idea how long they have been broken. I don't know if it matters, but my power seats don't work either. Ive checked all the fuses. Under thr dash and hood. Ugh! I just want to move my seats back, and use my windows6
Windows and seats don't work? Has it gotten wet? Meaning submerged?

I'm not good on BCUs because I've never had a problem with mine but over the years, lurking here and elsewhere, the problem is generally discovered to be something else.

You hear the relays clicking normally? It could be a relay problem for the Windows but iIdon't know how th seats are wired other than having sprayed my switches with electronics cleaner. Same for window switches. I have one bad one now that refuses to work. But I'm way out of my depth here. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:32 PM
Three Wheeling

Windows and seats don't work? Has it gotten wet? Meaning submerged?

I'm not good on BCUs because I've never had a problem with mine but over the years, lurking here and elsewhere, the problem is generally discovered to be something else.

You hear the relays clicking normally? It could be a relay problem for the Windows but iIdon't know how th seats are wired other than having sprayed my switches with electronics cleaner. Same for window switches. I have one bad one now that refuses to work. But I'm way out of my depth here. Maybe someone else will chime in.
I took apart my seat switch, (fun to say) and cleaned the whole thing. Same with the two front window switches. But they still arent working. I don't believe that its been submerged. I could be wrong but it looks way too clean. I hope the issue is something else, im taking it to my land rover mechanic in Carlsbad next week. I'll have him give it a go.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:50 PM
Camel Trophy

I took apart my seat switch, (fun to say) and cleaned the whole thing. Same with the two front window switches. But they still arent working. I don't believe that its been submerged. I could be wrong but it looks way too clean. I hope the issue is something else, im taking it to my land rover mechanic in Carlsbad next week. I'll have him give it a go.
Well good luck with it. I'm sorry I can't be more help. Please do post the fix.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:24 AM
Three Wheeling

Well good luck with it. I'm sorry I can't be more help. Please do post the fix.
I got it back from the "mechanic" he said the whole truck was a "electrical nightmare". He didnt even km now what year it was. I wasn't happy to pay the bill to say the least. So I'm tackling the problem myself. I'll be heading over to harbor freight in a few hours to get a test light. Anyone in Southern California want to join me?

Old 08-27-2015, 06:25 AM
4wd Low

Hi Sarahcake, I just started a thread on this too. If you make any headway I'll be looking forward to hearing about it. My seats are set for a basketball player. Which I am most definitely not.

And like yours, both of mine are not responding, even though my fuses all look ok.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Power seats both not working...