Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price opinions

Old 02-20-2019, 04:29 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Price opinions

I'm considering selling my 01 Disco. We have too many vehicles and I'm thinking about some consolidation and reducing the fleet. I'm completely confused at the pricing on Rovers....they're all over the place. If you'll indulge me, let me know what you'd price it at if you were selling it.

It's an 01 SD. Nothing fancy. 71K miles. No known issues. No lights on. Green w/ tan interior. I'd say overall it's an honest good conditions.....better than fair, not beat up or filthy but not in great condition. I mean it is 18 yrs old.

Everything is good except the following:

Both bumper covers are cracked. One was my doing (post on here somewhere) and the other was the mysterious parking garage damage.
Pas. Side window needs track or rollers or whatever you call it.

If all you have to offer is look it up on KBB, please save your comments. I know the bumper covers will cost a bit to fix, but low miles is getting hard to find. I shipped it up from TX so it's only been in norther climate for the last 4 yrs. Frame is clean and solid. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks much.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:41 PM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

What northern climate? Location determines a lot, Values are higher on the west coast for example.

Last edited by Dave03S; 02-20-2019 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:30 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Dave03S
What northern climate? Location determines a lot, Values at higher on the west coast for example.
Michigan.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:22 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

If you know what you wont accept, why wont you just post what you'll accept?

pictures will speak volumes as well. You cant expect people to make an honest answer without even a picture.

The following users liked this post:
OverRover (02-21-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 05:04 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by shanechevelle

Thanks for one of those useless-type answers. I'm not listing it for sale. There's no angle. I'm seriously considering selling 2 or 3 vehicles this spring and the Rover has me confused on price....the first post means I DON"T KNOW. So I asked for opinions. KBB and Edmunds don't seem right. I see parts trucks or 180K listed for higher than book. Its a stock rover, clean and no issues other than what's stated. I'm pretty sure we all know what a stock rover looks like, but I'll work on a pic for ya.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:47 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

This may not help with price, but based on my recent purchase and shopping experience, I'd suggest starting with Ebay.
You'll get national exposure for your "no rust, low mileage" D2 and I think that will mean a lot to your audience.

CL is a crap-shoot and maybe go that route after Ebay runs its course.

When I sold my '00 Honda Insight, I had to list it on Ebay twice - got virtually no action from CL etc but 100's of views and bids on Ebay and the second go around got what I wanted for it from a guy in ND.
He flew down to SC and drove it back 1600 miles.

This is why I suggest Ebay - National exposure - huge audience base - lots of folks (like I did) have searches setup to alert when new listing appear.

For price - review similar D2's on Ebay and start under their prices with a make offer option and see what sort of feedback you get. Most D2's on Ebay are priced pretty damn high.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:57 AM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

When I was shopping itseemed like a clean no issues good running truck was about 3500 and closer to 5k if head gaskets had been done recently. The window problem is a non issue price wise. Smart people will see passed the bumper issues if the rest of the truck is clean.

Very clean truck with HG done.. 6500 ish

Old 02-21-2019, 08:01 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by NewToTheTwo
Most D2's on Ebay are priced pretty damn high.
They sure are that's part of my confusion. That's probably where I'd sell it if I decide to. I'm just trying to figure out a range so I can make a decision. My truck is the same way....5.9 cummins dodge with just over 100k on it......prices are all over the place. I'm trying to figure what they're actually worth because I don't want to sell one and then realize the other isn't where I thought it would be.

Originally Posted by Ben Matheson
When I was shopping itseemed like a clean no issues good running truck was about 3500 and closer to 5k if head gaskets had been done recently. The window problem is a non issue price wise. Smart people will see passed the bumper issues if the rest of the truck is clean.

Very clean truck with HG done.. 6500 ish
Thank you

Old 02-21-2019, 12:00 PM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by shanechevelle
pictures will speak volumes as well. You cant expect people to make an honest answer without even a picture.
WTF how is that a " useless-type answers " ?
That couldn't be more logical and reasonable.

Last edited by OverRover; 02-21-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:40 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by OverRover
WTF how is that a " useless-type answers " ?
That couldn't be more logical and reasonable.

Thanks. Your reply was very helpful in not answering my question. Is that better?

I asked for some opinions on what rovers are selling for. I guess it may be different if I had said I was THINKING about MAYBE selling it and wasn't sure about pricing on Rovers that I was seeing.....oh wait that is what I said, isn't it? So yeah, lecturing me to post what what I'd accept for it is about as useless of a reply as you get when 1) it's NOT for sale 2) I stated the pricing was all over the place and I was curious about it might actually be worth.

The following users liked this post:
NewToTheTwo (02-21-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Price opinions