Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with speed at 100 kmh/h

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 07:29 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Problem with speed at 100 kmh/h

Hello Discovery forum.
I'm have a TD5 since some months and I'm learning about it through this forum and since I have my first weird problem I'm posting to share knowledge as I saw through the posts people with lot of knowledge about these incredible machines.

The other day I was about to drive about 4 hours and there were some hills on the highway and started to notice that it was shacking when I reached 100 km and when pressing the pedal was not going further and started to shake again, so I was trying to not accelerate when she started to shake and was fine, then when I reached a big inclination I pressed the pedal around 80 km and it turned off, after some seconds tried to start it and was not starting. After half an hour after looking at diesel lines etc and checking basic stuff, I tried to start it and started so we decided to return back.

It went fine the return of about 200 km the only difference was that it was not making to much effort since the wind was from the back so we reached home with not problems and I never went above 100 km.

Then I started to read and check and I went out and test it and was not failing, only one time I was not able to go above 120 km/h, then disconnected the MAF and now seems to be working fine, please note that the EGR is disconnected from previous owner.

Could you please help me to understand why the MAF could be causing such a behavior and also why when she is not making effort (going in plain road) does not fail or maybe was a coincidence.

thanks in advance.
Excuse my writing as english is not my primary language.

Old 09-20-2022, 09:02 AM
Mudding
Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts

Is the shaking related to rpm or speed or how much you press the pedal?
When was the diesel filter last changed?

Mine had the maf disconnected when I bought the truck, and can't say that I would have noticed too much of a diffifrence after getting a new maf. There were other issues also present.

Old 09-20-2022, 01:34 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe was a combination of being in 5th gear and then trying to press the pedal being around 2200 rpm with diret wind and with a hill road.
The thing is that since I have disconnected the MAF I was not able to reproduce it back.
Oil filter is new and I was reviewin wastegae to the turbo too that I observed that is the commong problems when you have similar situations to this one.
thanks.
I have the nanocom but I'm not sure how to use it so far need to spend more time to lear how to use it and see if the fails arises be able to collect some values and see what could be the issue, now it runs very smooth with the MAF out of service.
thanks.

Originally Posted by Dervish
Is the shaking related to rpm or speed or how much you press the pedal?
When was the diesel filter last changed?

Mine had the maf disconnected when I bought the truck, and can't say that I would have noticed too much of a diffifrence after getting a new maf. There were other issues also present.