Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled 6 codes yesterday, need some ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 04:08 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pulled 6 codes yesterday, need some ideas

I was driving to work yesterday morning and pulled 6 codes and then lost power to my 2003 D2. The codes were the following:

P0102 MAF
P1536 AC Compressor Power
P0560 System Voltage
P0134 02 Sensor No Activity
P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor
P1884 CAN Message WFPDK

Lost power, CEL on, Flashers blinking. I read the codes and did the key 3 times in the door and reset the intertia switch, the truck started, flashers went off and I've driven it about 20 miles since then with no issues.

But, curious as to what could have triggered this. Nervous about waiting for it to re-occur!

Some background. I had a new short block installed about 7K miles ago. Short block install, I had a chronic code on the O2 sensor. The shop that did the install told me they did a pin test on the sensor and believed that the ECU was damaged. I replaced the ECU with one from a like 03 Disco with same SAI and it cleared that problem up.

The truck went to the a paint shop as I had some clear coat failure on the roof and hood. I pulled my tent rack and light bar at the time and wrapped the loose electrical connector for the light bar. Just picked it back up on Monday night. The truck had been outside prior to painting (after removing the light bar) and some water had penetrated in the loose connector. I blew out the loose water with some compressed air to dry it.

Then Tuesday morning, the codes.... My question is whether some water exposure to the loose wiring connector could be the catalyst for these codes?

I can start working through the codes and replace the MAF and Camshaft position sensor, but maybe they were triggered by something else? While replacing those sensors is probably a good thing given the other money I've put in the truck, I'm trying to understand if I need to at this time.

Any insight into this combination of codes would be helpful. I am going to drive it over the next couple of days and see if it was a one time occurrence. But, I don't like to believe in 1 time occurances. Something triggered it....which is why I was asking about the wet connector.....

Old 10-30-2019, 06:39 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,460 Likes on 1,036 Posts

MAF sensor throws multiple codes because it confuses the ECU. You can uplug it and the codes shoudl change (ECU will revert to TPS sensor and rpm only). I would change it first before doing anything else.