Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Puppy Parlor

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 10:28 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,190 Likes on 851 Posts

If you are going to be transporting these dogs on a regular basis, l'd look in to Owens dog boxes. They make several sizes and it is the safest way to transport dogs. They are contained and not allowed to fly around the inside of a vehicle during an accident. Better for them...and you. Had a dog box when l transported six bird dogs, mounted in vehicle with truck-camper twist type tie-downs and it was there to stay. I've seen pictures of rolled vehicles, where the only part of the interior that is not crushed...is where the dog box was mounted...they are tough.

Always cracked me up when folks would say...how can you put your dog's in there? (meaning it looked cruel)...me, l'm like...how can you "not" put your dogs in something like this? (seems cruel to let them bounce around inside like a pinball during an accident). But, I deal with logic...not emotion.

​​​​​​​ Brian.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:02 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
If you are going to be transporting these dogs on a regular basis, l'd look in to Owens dog boxes. They make several sizes and it is the safest way to transport dogs. They are contained and not allowed to fly around the inside of a vehicle during an accident. Better for them...and you. Had a dog box when l transported six bird dogs, mounted in vehicle with truck-camper twist type tie-downs and it was there to stay. I've seen pictures of rolled vehicles, where the only part of the interior that is not crushed...is where the dog box was mounted...they are tough.

Always cracked me up when folks would say...how can you put your dog's in there? (meaning it looked cruel)...me, l'm like...how can you "not" put your dogs in something like this? (seems cruel to let them bounce around inside like a pinball during an accident). But, I deal with logic...not emotion.

Brian.
Those are NICE. I checked their website and some competitors.

Except for the odd mishap, viz...

(ran into a bush with a bone, ran out with a stick broken off in his eye socket. 500 dollar vet bill plus resealing den floor later)... this is going to be a once a year trip to the vet since the weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly trips are almost over. Surely they will get over the motion sickness and I can leave them in the back.

Last edited by Charlie_V; 09-15-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:39 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco

Perfect. Thanks! Now to find the brackets.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:43 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Twix
If you don't mind drilling into the headliner then there's tons of hardware that can hold it in place. They're like wire pinch straps. There's gotta be a factory gate that should work though, right? Maybe those mounts can be modified to work just past the first row
Thinking about the top now. What is a wire pick strap? I googled and can't find one.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:46 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by The Deputy
How could that cute face create any trouble...l don't believe any of this...lol.
One is cute. Seven is A MOB.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:28 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Some thing like this. But you would have to screw them into something. If there's a spare pupper I would buy a ticket and a cage for it and have it sent up here to Calgary lol

Old 09-15-2018, 01:16 PM
Camel Trophy

Okay, I didn't know that was what they are called. Heck I'm working on getting them in a car first THEN a plane. Haha. Some of them look like border collies but brown, eg., Beau:

Always the biggest.

​​

Old 09-15-2018, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,513 Likes on 1,240 Posts

cute pups

Old 09-15-2018, 09:39 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Beau is a beauty!

Old 09-16-2018, 08:30 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 967 Likes on 644 Posts

Insulated P clamps. I've got a bunch in my truck. I'll grab a part number tomorrow if I can remember. They're pretty solid; I'd say they would work well. I love em.

Originally Posted by Twix
Some thing like this. But you would have to screw them into something. If there's a spare pupper I would buy a ticket and a cage for it and have it sent up here to Calgary lol

Quick Reply: Puppy Parlor