Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Puppy Parlor

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 11:06 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by Friday Night Disco
negative, order this kit from ebay.
Done. Thanks for the link.

Estimated arrival is 9/25.

Last edited by Charlie_V; 09-17-2018 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:05 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 967 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie_V
So the scheme is to use those clamps to attach the netting / fence / cattle panel to whatever pipe I attach using the brackets on the bottom, right?

This is a true community effort. I'm going to give everyone a puppy when this is done.
Hah! Go ahead and count me out. We've got too many animals as it is. That said.... Could use some snake food....

That appears to be the idea. You could even probably get away with a piece of 1" or 1.5" angle iron and some self tapping screws to secure the p-clamps. I'd get a smallish size clamp for whatever fence material you use. The size listed for the clamp is the largest diameter material it will accept.

Bring back pictures of whatever contraption you come up with.

Old 09-18-2018, 05:53 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Alex_M
Hah! Go ahead and count me out. We've got too many animals as it is. That said.... Could use some snake food....

That appears to be the idea. You could even probably get away with a piece of 1" or 1.5" angle iron and some self tapping screws to secure the p-clamps. I'd get a smallish size clamp for whatever fence material you use. The size listed for the clamp is the largest diameter material it will accept.

Bring back pictures of whatever contraption you come up with.
You confirm my wife's fears. Even at 30-40 pounds each she's on the lookout for giant snakes.

I really like the wood deck TRIARII (sp?) is doing on his latest project. My Rover may turn into a delivery van with a chain link divider. I have a new welder (Vulcan 220--i highly recommend for people like me who don't really know how to weld) so I may go CRAZY.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:53 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 967 Likes on 644 Posts

Haha, no real concern here. No snake to speak of. At 30 lbs that'd have to be some kind of snake. Wouldn't think there'd be too many boa constrictor owners in your area...

Alas, happy wife happy life. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 09-18-2018, 09:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

30 lbs was how big my cat was, he was lean muscle too. Like a mini cougar. The dog I had before was a 130 lb samoyed, she was the best

Old 09-20-2018, 11:57 PM
Camel Trophy

Still awaiting arrival of my mighty mule parts. I took the puppies in my Excursion to the "homestead" to await arrival of some oilfield buildings I bought (Alex... right up your alley... 500 each for skid buildings, fully furnished with all appliances and a/c heat).

Alas, two puppies threw up--an improvement yet still so wrong--so this project is still a going concern.

Also alas, the first building/trailer/truck was and IS stuck in some powdery sand about a half mile from my place, as is my backhoe which failed to unstick the truck, all completely blocking my neighbor's driveway. Try again tomorrow VERY EARLY.

Final alas, I had to drive the truck driver 1.2 hours the wrong way from my home to meet his wife--arriving at 10pm, no less--and they screamed at each other more than 30 times on cell phones, all separate calls ending in "F You!," during the trip, then at the precise moment we arrived at the gas station meeting place (her looking right at us, knowing what vehicle we were in), she drove away before he could get out of my vehicle! Haha you can't make this stuff up!

Post script: she came back TEN MINUTES later, after they screamed at each other some more, and he held the door open to prove that I am not a woman!!! Imagine, I want to help the guy out, so I'm sitting there... not looking like a woman. He yelled "does that look like a woman?!!" As if the gray beard wasn't enough?! What if she had demanded further proof? Puppies heard the whole thing--I have witnesses.

Knights of the road indeed.

​​​​

Last edited by Charlie_V; 09-21-2018 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

sounds like an adventure.... Discovery's always find adventure