Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quiestions Questions... Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quiestions Questions... Please Help!

Hi there guys, some questions that I need help with:
1st - My navigation radio isnt working, it was working fine and one day after I didnt use it for a while it doesnt start the navigation system. The CD just spins around and the reading on the radio says "activating navigation, observe road etc". And just stays there. Never finishes activating. The radio and CD changer work fine, I inserted an audio CD into the radio where I put my navigation CD and it plays fine. I tried another navigation CD from the two CD set and it does the same thing, does not work. Any help on this will be apreciated.

2nd - After 3 hours of waxin on, waxing off I finally finished giving my truck a nice finish with some turtle wax. (by hand) phew!
This seemed like it was taking for ever, but it was worth it. I got a nice glossy finish and it should be better when I do it with a buffer, Now my question is, The fender flares are kind of opaque and look dull. Odd because I bought this truck in great condition, but they seem to look faded. Is there something to paint them with that will stay put...? Do I have to sand them before I apply any color, preferebly black.? How hard are they to remove? and what material are they made of to get the right kind of paint.

3rd - This is a wierd one, I dont know if its just my rover but I had an 02 Lincoln navigator, and a 01 Mitsubishi Montero and never expirenced this.
It seems that when the rover goes over uneven pavement it rocks from side to side. Its kind of anoying and I dont know if this is typical rover behaivior but my other SUV's even though I hated both and love my rover did not do that, they more or less would have a good absorption in the suspension when going over bumps and uneven pavement. If your in the back seats you feel it worst. lol funny to look at. I hope someone has time to answer my questions.... You guys ROCK!

Old 06-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: Quiestions Questions... Please Help!

Can't help you with the radio.

2) They do tend to sun fade, i searched around and found that many of the tire black substances work pretty well in keep them up.

3)How many miles on your truck, do you have ACE or SLS suspension?

Mike

Old 06-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Rock Crawling

what year is your disco ? if it has the air suspension in the rear it may need the airbags replacing or if its coils they might be pretty worn, im no mechanic but discovery's are known to have cracked/split anti-roll bars ad the conections at either end. dunno if that would affect the rocking though

Old 06-10-2007, 12:50 AM
8th Gear

I would say this is a "normal" feeling, this slight rocking of the rear end over uneven surfaces. Every Rover I've ever driven has felt similar to this, its a function of the way the vehicle is designed. If it is extreme or excessive, then you may have a problem to address. Good luck!

Old 06-11-2007, 04:15 AM
Overlanding

its an 03' HSE7 with 58,000 miles on it. The airbag system works fine, it levels off and release is good when in park. I am almost sure its not the bags.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

So, if you have the air bags, then you must have ACE, has it been serviced recently?
At your mileage, you front coils and all 5 shocks are probably shot, might want to consider installing some replacements, Discos are too heavy to be running around on a tired suspension.
Mike