Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator/reservoir hose piece

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:32 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Radiator/reservoir hose piece

So I had a pretty bad leak somewhere by/on my manifold on the drivers hand side and I was losing all my water/coolant and it would overheat. I was told for a temp fix till I could put the sealant needed on, to put this quick seal stuff in the water reservoir and it would block that spot temporarily. Today after driving it maybe 20 miles and parked, no leaks, I was happy... then I sat in my car while it was turned off, heard a noise then got out, all my water/coolant was on the ground. All of it. When I looked under the hood, the radiator hose connected to the driver hand side of the radiator had popped off, when I noticed that, I also noticed that the reservoir hose piece that wraps over the top of the radiator and hooks onto a piece coming out of the radiator right over the radiator hose, that had popped off as well. well not only did it pop off, the piece that it slides over had corroded inside and broke off. now that hose wont go back on because there is nothing to slide the hose over to keep it on. Im needing to know if because of this little piece, am I going to need a whole new radiator or does that piece have a name/number that I can look up and replace?

Thanks for any help

Old 02-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Most likely just a new radiator, in the $235 range and a few hours of DIY time. Do hoses and thermostat at same time. The "mechanic in a jar" fairy dust wonder seal super slick world's greatest goop has - blocked part of the radiator, maybe cause overheating, etc. When all apart also flush water in both directions thru the heater core.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

yup, radiator, hose kit, t-stat and flush everything very well, fill with green stuff and a botttle of water wetter.