Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which radio do I have?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Which radio do I have?

The factory CD changer on a D2 does not use RCA's tho, it uses Mini ISO connectors

also, an aftermarket unit does not have the ability to power 11 speakers correctly, if at all, and it has no way to filter the frequencies like the factory amp does. You would need to add crossovers etc and the difficulty / cost would go up and up, and its just not worth it unless your a car hifi "freak"

Old 11-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Well ok then, thank you for clearing that up UP.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Spike555

That's why I was asking which head unit/audio system I have. I ran into this problem multiple times, both with an Infinity system I had in a Chrysler and a Bose system I had in an Oldsmobile.

I'm pretty competent with wiring and after market stereos. I am sort of of a hi-fi freak - in fact, the lack of poor midrange of the factory stereo in my Disco bothers me every day. I've been looking at a few options and I'm working on a plan to overhaul the factory system.

Urban Panzer, you say that the factory amp takes a low level input - do you think it's possible to connect an aftermarket deck's preamp outputs to the factory amplifer?

Old 11-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: LambChop

ORIGINAL: Spike555

That's why I was asking which head unit/audio system I have. I ran into this problem multiple times, both with an Infinity system I had in a Chrysler and a Bose system I had in an Oldsmobile.

I'm pretty competent with wiring and after market stereos. I am sort of of a hi-fi freak - in fact, the lack of poor midrange of the factory stereo in my Disco bothers me every day. I've been looking at a few options and I'm working on a plan to overhaul the factory system.

Urban Panzer, you say that the factory amp takes a low level input - do you think it's possible to connect an aftermarket deck's preamp outputs to the factory amplifer?
Erm, dunno, I suppose its possible to knock something up, but what ever you convert it with would have to drop the audio signal to theequivelant levelof what the factory headunit gives out.I would be more inclicned to replace the mid speakers for better ones and add your IPOD via the grom interface.

I "think" you wouldhave to use an aftermarket headunit wiht 4 pre outs not just 2 left and right, as they amp gets audio signals on all 4 channels FL,FR,RL,RR